“Tasty and authentic”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant looking for a great local option. The food was increadible, service was very friendly, made our five year old feel right at home. Prompt service, quality, flavourful food spiced to your taste. Can get a bit pricy, but excellent food. Be prepared, in line with the authentic food, it is also quite darkly lit, which I understand is traditional in Indian restaurants. We will be back for sure!!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants, not cheap, but totally worth it! The service is fantastic. They imported all their cooking appliances from India and the food shows. SO good :) No fake curry here!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

When visiting Airdrie to be with my two grandkids, we always take them and their mom and dad to this family owned and operated restaurant. It is tucked away in a small retail centre, just west of the Superstore in Airdrie. Sonny, the head guy recognizes us when we come in and is genuine in his attention and welcoming nature. We again don't know where to start with the menu, so this time Sonny said, "just left me order for you, I promise you a great meal". We said sure, and away he went with our only request to ensure we got the butter chicken and lots of nan bread. We also pleaded for Momma to whip up their special stuffed chicken legs. It is not on the menu now, but it is such a hit with our gang, we always ask for an order of it. I had to order Indian beer since they did not have anything dark in the bottle. Please Sonny, in Alberta, have Big Rock Traditional, or anything similar on offer.
We had lamb, chicken and beef pots plus lots of saffron rice and nan bread. We had to order another serving of butter chicken since it is such a hit with our gang. The food is perfectly spiced for us, with just enough heat to keep everyone happy. For a 5 year and 3 year old to enjoy all the East Indian food, they are really doing things right.
The one thing I forgot to order was the Tandori Chicken. Their tandori chicken must be the best I have ever tasted with a crispy outer coating that is not wet or messy. Frankly, you can order just the tandori chicken and the butter chicken with rice and nan bread and die happy.
In summary, the family serves very flavourful food at a reasonable price. Thank you and we will be back!

1  Thank HappycampersCanada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just been here with two others ordered 3 starters and 3 mains with rice. Could not finish it all so brought the rest home! We are on holiday and are going to try and go back again before we leave. The guy said that the best Indian restaurants are in the UK, well I am from the UK and this was one of the best Indian meals I have had. Try it you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Tinabean136
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Ordered 3 take-out dishes, one of which was dal, and the bill came to over $50.. I mentioned the prices were high and the lady said it was because of the large containers they use. She showed me the small foil container like Chinese restaurants use, (not the larger one you usually get with chow mein if that helps picture it). When I got home I found the containers were only half full, so I saved them and compared the amount with my next order of Indian food from another restaurant that uses the small styrofoam containers (which hold about 1 cup) Taj's half full foil held the same as the small stryofoam container and was twice the price. Not a good deal at all - and the food was bland compared to other places I like. I wouldn't go back.

4  Thank Lotti2013