“Lovely”

Cuisines: Diner, French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Such friendly and accommodating people. I was on tour in the rain and looking for a place to have a cup of coffee indoors. I was turned away from restaurants requiring a full meal order. I was welcomed here and sat as long as I wanted. I noticed another woman from the tour also drinking coffee and using her phone. I only had coffee but based on what I saw I would be glad to eat here.

1  Thank YSTcruiser

Reviewed 11 June 2017

food came at different intervals, was cold and not impressive at all. If edible.
Staff were indifferent. A scary incident when refusing to pay after two got their meal and one didn't..as it never turned up. No! never arrived. When the others had finished. With an 88 year old woman we were chased down the street.

1  Thank thefullmonty
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch at Cafe des Baux with our 4 kids. I particularly recommend the foie gras and the Souris d'agneau. A great stop after or before visiting le Chateau

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Very poor group meal. Tasteless daube/ stew main course. Indifferent tarte aux tomates and sad attempt at a green salad starter.

1  Thank Frances E
Reviewed 1 September 2016

The attractive shady terrace attracted us to this restaurant on a very hot day in Les Baux. We were greeted by the sole waitress and served very quickly. Water glasses being constantly refilled is always welcome, particularly in fierce heat. Best of all, the children’s food arrived with our starters which is always helpful.
The chevre croustillant, imaginatively garnished, was delicious – both crunchy and melting - a far cry from the dried up piece of cheese on a stale crouton which is frequently on offer. The main course, cod fillet in a chorizo crust sounded unusual, but turned out to be very tasty. For dessert we ordered a plate of 7 ‘mignardises’, all of which were totally delicious.
We were all fascinated by the loo in a space carved out of the rock face, with fossils visible in the rock of the ceiling. Red lights and black curtains gave a very Harry Potter feel to the space.

1  Thank Rosemary P