Baumaniere les Baux de Provence
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Le Mas d'Aigret(Les Baux de Provence)
View Hotel
Benvengudo(Les Baux de Provence)
View Hotel
Domaine de Manville(Les Baux de Provence)
View Hotel
Mas de l'Oulivie(Les Baux de Provence)
View Hotel
Hotel Restaurant Fabian des Baux(Les Baux de Provence)
Castillon des Baux(Maussane-les-Alpilles)
L'oustaloun(Maussane-les-Alpilles)
View Hotel
All reviewsdeluxe roommichelin starmanor houseperfect hotelfabulous placebeautiful groundsservice was impeccableamazing experienceprivate terracest remyold villagesouth of francewineprovencelesgoatspond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here for one night and dined at the 2 Michelin star restaurant.
Firstly the accomodation - ignore the adverse comments about Le Manoir.
This house is a 1km drive away from the main house on a public road but is an idyllic manor house in its own beautiful gardens with a private pool area which is much nicer than the main hotel area. There is a free courtesy car on constant standby to drive you up for dinner etc.

Secondly the restaurant - simply one of the best dinners I have ever had served impeccably on a lovely outside terrace. Sublime cooking - the Menu Tradition at € 166 is not cheap but worth every cent. Crab with green apple jelly , Rougets with a salsa , Pigeon breast and leg in a fantastic jus, a selection of cheeses in perfect condition , the specialty dessert of the house - Millefeuille with pistachio cream. Unbelievable wine list which is pricey but contains some great local reds priced at € 70 - 90.

It was great that the renowned Chef Patron , Jean-Andre Charial came and spoke to each table, very charming.

This is a very special romantic place - spoil yourself with the person you love !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graham w
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This lunch at Oustau de Baumaniere was our one big planned splurge. It was fantastic! The setting at the foot of Les Baux is wonderful, the service is impeccable and the food is delicious and beautiful to look at. I hope my iPad photos were discretely taken but I wanted to show them to my foodie friends at home so I took a chance.

We had a glass of champagne each and DH had a glass of Chateauneuf de Pape (since I’m the driver I limit myself to one glass). I had foie gras followed by sweetbreads and a crepe soufflé. DH had lobster soup followed by rouget and le millefeuille. Every dish was a work of art. The two rounds of foie gras were standing up in what looked like a field of miniature flowers. The sweetbreads were accompanied by a sculpted, layered puree of peas and the soufflé crepe was gorgeous. We opted for a la carte so I could have my sweetbreads and, except for the desserts at 25€ each, the prices were "reasonable" for a 2-star restaurant. The bill came to 347€.

As would be expected, this was the best meal of our vacation. But I have to say that we had a few other really excellent meals at 1/3 the price (still a bit pricey but great value). We also had some really good 3-course meals for 70 - 80€. In general, the quality of restaurant food was high and an excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am surprised to read of peoples' dislike of the decor at this hotel as we found it to be of a very high standard. We were upgraded to a junior suite and it was beautifully decorated with new furnishings.It had definite Laura Ashley overtones so perhaps this style was not to their taste. (I love it).The bathroom had obviously been recently refitted although the ultra modern tap on the bath/shower refused to give out any cold water which was an obvious problem and we reported it to the management.As we only stayed for one night, we cannot say whether it was subsequently fixed.
The gardens at the hotel were glorious and very well kept. Food was fine but wine and coffee expensive.I know what people mean about the 1970s nature of the pool area but it was clean with plenty of sun beds In fact we were the only people using it despite the hot weather at the time! Three ducks shared the pool with us , but no people!
We would describe this hotel as being very elegant in a glorious location. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were so excited to visit this hotel, but it is clearly living on past reputation, like a grande old dame whose beauty has faded.

Rooms are dark, uninspiring, unexceptional and everything just looks and feels tired. The pool is so 1970's which is when I think this may have been last redecorated.

Do not waste your precious time and money, far better hotels.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jean André C, Propriétaire at Baumaniere les Baux de Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I am sorry your visit of la Cabro d’Or did not meet with your expectations. The hotel was buit in 1961 and has an history and a soul contrary to brand new hotels. However we do many renovations every year in this 5 star hotel, especially in the rooms. As for the swimming pool we changed the « liner » last year.

Jean-André Charial
Owner

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We reserved a suite and were given #47. While it is quite spacious it is dark and very musty smelling. Opening the two small windows helped just a little. The creaking steps and long dark hallway on the way to the room put us in mind of old army barracks.

#47 is on the second floor and has an uninviting terrace with mismatched furniture and none of the charm of the patios we passed by on the way to our entrance. The bathroom has a "separate" toilet room but no door and no privacy. There are double sinks but just one smallish mirror in between the two sinks which make it impossible for two people to use at the same time. The hair dryer is at the far end of the counter and barely reaches to the mirror. In addition when you open the shower door there is a pronounced sewage stench. These are minor details but altogether, they just don't come close to a 5 star experience.

There are no coffee machines in the room and coffee and tea from room service run €13 for one of each. Down on the terrace the two cost €11.

All of the personnel were top notch.

Had we not been exhausted when we arrived, we would have asked for a different room as our suite, complete with a brown shag area rug, was very disappointing.

The grounds are beautiful but room 47 needs some attention.

• Stayed: June 2014
Jean André C, Propriétaire at Baumaniere les Baux de Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I am pleased you appreciated the grounds as well as our personnel service. I am surprised by your comments about the room as it was completely refurbished last winter. However I take into account your remarks and will make sure all this points are solved immediately. I am sorry your stay did not meet with your expectations.
Jean-André Charial