“Very Good Lunch, Great Setting”
Review of Bautezar

Bautezar
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Eight of us ate lunch there last week. We thought the food and service were very good and the outdoor terrace had great views. Several of us had salads and were disappointed that the tomatoes were not great. Maybe it is the time of year. Anyway, I would recommend the restaurant. Good, but not great. Les Baux is a tourist town. Great spot.

There are newer reviews for Bautezar

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I enjoy coming to Les Baux-de- Provence. One of my very favorite salads. I haven't seen
this on any other Provençal menu. Beautiful terrace view of the surrounding areas around
Les Baux. Just off the Main Street .

Reviewed 8 May 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Bautezar Et Musee in Les Baux today. We arrived early at 11:45 a.m. and though the restaurant didn't open until noon, they invited us in and to take a seat at a lovely table outside on the back balcony overlooking a vast gorge. We both enjoy a glass of rose (I had 2 glasses). We both also enjoyed entrecôte (from Charolais beef) which was served with squash and tomatoes and a huge serving a frites. The meat was well cooked and very tasty. For dessert my wife enjoyed chocolate almond ice cream served with a mountain of whipped cream and chocolate sauce and I enjoyed vanilla creme brûlée both of which were excellent. Our 71 euro bill seemed appropriate for a wonderful meal and an incredible view. The service was provided by very attentive but never obtrusive waiters. We had a marvelous time.

1  Thank tlctlc49022
Reviewed 12 March 2013

A welcome break after hiking around le chateau all morning in 90 -100 degree F (38 degree C) heat. We were seated on the terrace in the shade under an awning with a fabulous view across the valley. The only place with a breeze. In the heat, we were looking for a serviceable meal and a rest and we did better - but no frills. Plat du jour of roti d'agneau,steak frites,zucchini mousse/ tomate grille and terrine chocolat avec sauce framboise with Badoit.

Service was fast and efficient-seemed to be about turning tables but that was OK for that day.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Set on the side of the mountain in the La Beaux village you will find it hard to get a better view anywhere, however this is about all it has to offer.
We arrived here at around 3pm to get a late lunch snack and were greeted with a number of unsmiling faces of the staff and an off hand girl who showed us to a table on the terrace.
We order a caesar salad that really bore no resemblance to the real thing but was at least edible.
My wife had a duck salad that, after trying to eat it wants to advise others to stay away from it.
The wine was fine and served at the right temperature.
Unfortunately this is another restaurant designed to take advantage of the tourists with it's only saving grace the view.

1  Thank Ray d