The Palazzo was a real find, we've been to Johannesburg many times but haven't stayed here before and it was exceptional in every way. The decor is wonderful, the designers seem to have looked at many of those magnificent crumbling Italian lakeside hotels and come up with a look that replicates them without trying to look faux old. We arrived expecting to be underwhelmed by tacky fake Italianate architecture but in fact they have created beautiful touches everywhere and in particular the gardens and pool area are lovely and tranquil, far from the rest of the world outside the gates.
The rooms were good, not huge but well appointed. The service however is where this hotel really stands out. The Palazzo seems to have a policy of having a lot of senior staff always visible and they are always making sure everything is running smoothly. In fact the general staff are so good they dont seem to need anyone checking on them but you got the impression if anything went wrong it would be instantly dealt with. We had one minor technical hitch with our room and the problem was sorted out so efficiently by one of the staff, he installed us in the lounge with drinks while it was sorted out and generally made us feel that fixing it was the top priority for all the staff in the hotel. On another occasion one of the reception staff came running out to the car park to check we'd got directions to where we were going. When leaving one of the staff brought water for the journey on a silver tray covered in Rose petals. It was the sort of place they constantly surprise you with little touches, we enjoyed ourselves immensely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreating the look and feel of old-style Mediterranean glamour, without compromising on modern luxury, the Palazzo hotel is a treat for all of the senses. The 246 beautifully-appointed rooms include Standard, Deluxe, Executive and Superior Rooms as well as King Suites, a lavish, opulent Penthouse and bespoke Presidential Suite. Every room is equipped with all of those small touches that add to your comfort - direct-dial phones, tea and coffee stations, mini bars, 24-room service, free WiFi and electronic safes to list but a few. Highlights to add to your stay include the Mangwanani Spa Boutique, a fully-equipped fitness centre, business centre, Montecasino Entertainment Complex, delicious Mediterranean dining at Medeo Restaurant, relaxing cocktails at Cafe Rialto, conference rooms and many more. Outdoors, a large swimming pool invites you to dip into its cool waters to escape the heat of a long day, while the poolside area beckons hours of relaxation as you let your mind finally unwind from the daily pressures of life. This is the start of your experience at the Palazzo in Montecasino... Book now to discover what else lies ahead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Palazzo Montecasino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Fourways
- Palazzo Montecasino Johannesburg
- Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Johannesburg
- Montecasino Hotel