We've visited this nice chalet for the 1'st of December weekend. Access to the chalet is very easy, about 50 minutes of Cluj. I have no words to describe the joy and satisfaction that we had in those four days. “Cabana Motilor” is very cozy, tastefully decorated and very welcoming, we had a double room which had everything needed to have a nice stay. The only thing that we dindn't like was that the double bed was quite small for 2 persons.
In terms of landscape - very soothing, very pleasant, the places we visited in the area will definitely awake our memories in the future. The chalet is situated on a small hill, so you can enjoy better surroundings. Downstairs, there is a dining room, tastefully decorated, very welcoming, and a living room, where ultimate generation audio-visual equipment can be found and a place where you can have social activities, like resting or to playing games- Monopoly, Risk, etc.. All equipment (windows, heaters, lights, doors, tables, etc.) are absolutely above average quality, ensuring comfort throughout your stay. The food- here is where “Cabana Motilor” approaches to perfection. I would say in a word- simply wonderful. Breakfast is very rich; I enjoyed the jam pies” motesti” style, a form of pancake-omelet with cheese, a kind of pizza, and various dishes with meat, accompanied by strawberry or raspberry syrup. Lunch or evening meals were a real challenge-besides palinca, visinata, afinata (Romanian products), I could enjoy the tripe soup (probably the best I have ever eaten), roast deer, wild boar, quail, goulash- all tasty and plentiful.
The chalet’s staff is extremely polite and friendly, and the host, Mr.Sebastian, manages to satisfy the highest demands of customers in general and ours in particular. We received information about routes that can be done in the area; we received proposals for various activities in the area, suggestions about local cuisine etc. Finally, we have bought homemade products such as jam, syrup, spirits, etc-all wonderful, that we tasted during our stay.
I recommend this superb place in a very enthusiastic way, for a romantic getaway or for a team-building or for a gathering with friends, you will certainly not regret it. Booking is very easy, there is the possibility of paying with credit card on the spot.
Although distance from Bucharest is high (about 6 h drive) it is definitely an excellent choice that deserves your attention;
I will try to return there as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabana Motilor is dedicated to those who love nature, simple things and the Romanian village... Tasty food, infinite silence and breathtaking views. We'll welcome you with delicious food, 7 double rooms (each with bathroom), a spacious living room, meeting hall, welcoming restaurant, terrace with a view right from the fairytales, parking and a huge backyard to lounge or play. We are at the gate of Apuseni National Park with tourist routes to historic areas, lakes and caves, museum-like villages or twisting mountain paths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cabana Motilor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabana Motilor Hotel Marisel
- Cabana Motilor Romania/Marisel