“NOT HONNEST”
Review of Lakeside Cottages

Lakeside Cottages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I tasted the fish Lake which was ok, but the holder of the restaurant turned this experience into a very negative one.
After a nice talk with him he really tried to CHEAT ME. He charged me 10 000 Rupiah for a small bottle of water. Of course this is absolutely Not the price for a small bottle of water even in a the best restaurant (not the case of this one). I told him it was not normal and he realised I was not stupid. Then he asked me how much I usually pay for a bottle of water. I told him max. 5000 Rp. So he charged me 8000 instead of the initial 10 000. WHAT A BAD ATTITUDE AND A SMALL STATE OF MIND. I really do not care the few Rp difference but I do mind the way of acting and the cheating attitude after the nice talk with that guy.
This guy is on the PICTURES of the REVIEWERS PICTURE NUMBER 11 named 'JERO'. This guy is not honnest.
Don't go there it is not worth. Much better to go to the homestay Under the Volcano III, very nice family and kids, good food, nice view and rooms basics but ok for the few hours you are going to sleep there before the Batur trekking

Room Tip: Simple: don't go there
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Sofyen Z
There are newer reviews for Lakeside Cottages

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Truly a gem! The staff here will make you feel like you are staying with old friends. The location is near hot springs, volcano hike, and many little restaurants, although you may want to just eat at the hotel's restaurant. Try the cream corn soup and banana pancakes!!! The cottages and restaurant are literally on the lake's edge, and you couldn't ask for a better view. The rooms are rather basic, so don't be expecting 5 star accommodation. IT IS THE FUN ATMOSPHERE THAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT THIS HOTEL!! Quite a fun-loving, helpful group of people that run this place!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and then left. The pool was green, the room dark and not very clean. we paid for hot water but only got a trickle of cold water. Food was quite nice but the coffee was cold. Run down and lacking warmth.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 742janew
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This place is a traveler's dream. If you are looking for a spa vacation, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for an authentic experience with the culture and natural beauty that Bali has to offer, stay at Lakeside Cottages. The people here will become your friends overnight. The love from the kitchen will tantalize your palate. The view of the lake and volcano will capture your heart. I had one of the best meals of my indonesian trip on the lake, with Johnny playing guitar and all of the guests singing along. We hiked the volcano and this was the perfect location for it. I truly can say that this was my favorite spot in my month of traveling throughout Bali. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We happened upon this property when we were lost and looking for a place to stay. A man on a moped found us and brought us here, offered us a nice dinner, and a hike the next day to the volcano. This is one of my favorite memories of our trip! We sprang for the homemade dinner that night, all of $40 USD for 2 people. The brought us grilled fish, freshly caught from the lake, cucumbers, and rice with an amazing spicy salsa. We dined on our cottage porch. In the morning, our new friend Nyoman knocked on our door at 4am to take both of us on his moped to his family house down the road for bali coffee, then we were off to hike to the top of the volcano for sunrise. Was AMAZING!

Room Tip: Perfect lakeside cottage with friendly and accommodating staff!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Ok, it's not a luxury hotel, that's next door for $200 a night, but its got a big beautiful heart and its right on the lake! Hiked the volcano, enjoyed a delicious meal ( just ask for the menu!), was getting rained on and decided to stay one more night. the weather cleared, the night sky was sublime, the air fresh and cool. Jiro and company were so fun to hang out with and the fish dinner was one of the best meals of my month stay in Bali. I love this place, the beds are king size and comfortable, the walls are thin, but most everyone is getting up early to climb the volcano. they will also take you out for a boat ride on the lake and arrange an excellent driver to your next destination, we loved Wedi, he was a knowledgable guide as well as great driver.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Good place because the hotel is located in front of the lake. There is a restaurant but we did not eat because it was expensive. I recommend the Volcano #2 for eating, where there is a woman named Sari.
This hotel has 2 types of rooms, the ones in front of the swimming pools are ok but the ones before the restaurant are very bad. The bathroom is dirty, the bed is ok and the door do not close!
And the swimmimg pool was empty ha ha or maybe they will be begin fulling it in your presence...
I really do not recommend you this hotel because you will be disappointed. They do not represent Bali people who are welcoming, always ready to help you and respectful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
#3 of 4 in Toya Bungkah
The Cave Hotel
The Cave Hotel
#7 of 18 in Kintamani

Been to Lakeside Cottages? Share your experiences!