“fab friendly pub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We called in to The Black Horse after a trip to the coast Sunday 10 th November, we were greeted by a lovely bar maid and very friendly locals. We had our Labrador dog with us and this was no problem he soon made himself at home and had lots of fuss from everyone who came in from the cold. our meal of veggie burger and a steak burger were fantastic very tasty and well worth the money. We would recommend this pub, off the beaten track but what a little gem. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome. Julie and Mark, Telford ,Shropshire.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Went for a family birthday to this pub. We were 11 in number. We had a really wonderful meal. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The cavery was lovely with a good choice of different meats, and all the vegetables were beautifully cooked.
We shall definitely be returned.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had a good meal here with some friends

lovely surroundings, and great building

the menu had plenty to choose from and the service was good

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Had the chance to visit this delightful pub for lunch on Saturday 21st September 2013. The place was chosen by local (ish ) friends of ours and they chose exceedingly well.
Usually you have to shoehorn Mrs Electric and I out of London but really, this was a trip to write about. We walked in to a comfortable atmosphere on both sides of the bar and my fears of shouts of 'who be this strange looking long haired pot bellied man' were completely unfounded.
We felt at home immediately.
We were served by Emma, a quick witted and convivial woman who would certainly love some of the alternative London bars.
Mrs Electric and I both opted for the Chorizo burgers. Other reviews on here have floated the idea that the Black Horse does the best burgers in Suffolk. Usually I tend to stay away from such generalisations, but you know what? On this occasion they are probably right. They were delicious and the chips were lovely too. Couple all of this with a couple of pints of Aspalls cider and the company of very good friends, and I have to say we were most impressed with our visit.
I would also like to mention our waitress Jess who was very funny and at the same time very professional and relaxed. She understood this strange bundle of southern humour so well I even waived my laughter fee of £2.50 per laugh. ( I joke of course, but I usually tell people that I charge £2.50 every time they laugh at one of my jokes...on this occasion I was so flattered that a pretty 18 year old found me funny , I waived all charges :) ).

Of course she may just have been especially good at her job and excellent at charming 53 year old men (she is 18 ) but either way it worked.

In conclusion I really have to say that my only complaint was that I had nothing to moan about whatsoever. How dare you!!!! lol.

Exceedingly well done, all of you. And perhaps we will all meet again some day.

1  Thank Electricwarrior
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We enjoyed a really tasty carvery lunch here while on holiday, staying in Eye up the road. We were given a really friendly welcome, the beer was good and the chef really helpful in providing gluten free gravy and even Yorkshire puddings and stuffing for my wife. I had the vegetarian carvery option which was also really tasty, much better than usual vegetarian carvery options. The meal was good value and we'd certainly recommend visiting the Black Horse.