“Best papusas ever!”

Tipico Salvadoreno
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, Spanish, South American
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: across from gas station near turn-off to wooden bridge
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Best papusas ever!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We bring a large group of adults and teenagers from the US to Santa Elena every year for mission work. Every year we stop here for a dinner of papusas, fresh juices, and milk shakes. We usually have between 15-30 people and end up ordering around 4-5 papusas a piece. Since this is such a small restaurant, we always order in advance so they can have time to prepare for our visit. They have always been ready for us. The ladies are so nice and everything we have ever tried here has been beyond good. Fresh and homemade delicousness! The prices are extremely affordable too! This is an absolute must on your trip to Western Belize. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited March 2014

Ambergris Caye, Belize
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I love salvadorian food! I like the casual atmosphere of the restaurant. It is also within walking distance of where I live in Santa Elena while visiting Belize. When I visit Belize, I stay for months at a time! Thanks to William Hofman he has the best rooms available for rent at very reasonable rates. You are close enough to downtown San Ignacio that you can walk over the bridge. There are so many local restaurants you can stop and eat, small shops you can pick up necessary or not necessary items for yourself and/or others. I love Belize and everything they have to offer!

Visited February 2014
San Ignacio, Belize
“My Favourite Panade and Fresh Juice Spot”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Every time I travel to San Ignacio, I have to stop and treat myself to their fried tacos and either bean or chicken panades. This is a very busy spot - food is delicious, fresh juices daily, and lots to choose from. I LOVE the fried tacos - add some of their home-made hot sauce, and it doesn't get much better than that.

Visited January 2013
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“Good Salvadorean food”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

If you like pupusas, panades and other Salvadorean dishes, try out this tiny little place right on the main highway in Santa Elena. There are about 4 or 5 tables out front.

We love the pupusas and panades and they are very cheap - $2.50 BZ ($1.25 US) for the pupusas and panades are 3 for $2 BZ (3 for $1 US). They also have very flavourful fresh flavourful fruit juices, not watered down like some others we have tasted. Our favourites are the watermelon and the tambran (tamarind) juices.

This is one of our favourite places to eat on each of our trips to Cayo district. Some of the staff don't speak English,so a little Spanish is helpful.

• Visited September 2011