“Wide open ski resort, but a bit remote”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Las Lenas

Las Lenas
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Las Lenas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Sao Paulo
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wide open ski resort, but a bit remote”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Las Lenas is an impressive ski resort. It sits above the tree line. This feature provides clear views of most of the trails. Therefore there are few surprises.
The resort has an extensive ski program for children. A few caveats about those programs:
1. For the most part the instructors only speak Spanish. Some have a working knowledge of English.
2. There is no section of the mountain dedicated to the children's program. The students use the same chairs and poma lifts as adults. The problem is that the chairs and poma lifts are not sized or calibrated for a five year old. Special attention must be applied when a very young student gets on and gets off the chair. The students have to wait at the base until a solo adult skier will sit on the lift with them. The poma lift presenedt a unique challenge to very young skiers (6&under) since they are calibrated for adults. Quite often, my 6 year old son caught air going up the mountain on the poma chairs.
The resort is remote. We flew into Marlague airport and then took a 75 minute bus ride to the resort. On our return, Marlague was closed due to wind conditions. Our scheduled five hour door to door journey then became a 23 hour journey that involved a 450 kilometer bus ride, three airports, three baggage retrievals, and two immigration check points.
Even after this epic journey, my five year old daughter said she would like to return the following week. Me, I am not so sure.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank newco12001

Porto Alegre, RS
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I loved, I stayed at Piscis Hotel my husband and I had the best skiing and snowboard time ever! It was really fun, the snow is really good and the instructores are the best. I Always get classes wehn I go to the mountais, but the instructor, Alvaro Quintero - he woks in Andorra as well, was so good that skking anywhere become like ride a bycicle, really easy!
Every thing is good.
Just on thing bothered me once. Although my husband practice snowboard, I got really mad with the snowboardes that áre unable to get harder moutains and don´t care abiout that. I was in a really high declive and a guy hit me really hard. So, thay shoulkd remember everyone, very well, that the person that is behind is the one that should be aware to not cause problemas.

Visited June 2013
Port Douglas, Australia
“Poor service and overrated.”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I'm a Snowboard instructor, I used to go to Las Leñas every year when I was young 'cause some of my family lives in Mendoza.
I went for holidays just for a few days and I had a really bad experience.
Sunday 7th of July was terrible there. They did a "free pass" for local people but the organizations was terrible, the access to the lifts was open for everyone and I paid the fee of 522 pesos for the day. Yes was a free day only for locals but every lift access was without restriction, no check points and all the people I met the told me that I shouldn't pay the fee.
I went to talk with "la casa del huesped" and one of the guys gave me the book of complains. I left my complain write it down and the same guy told me to come the next day with my pass card and they gonna give me a solution. Of course the next day he did not give me any solution.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pretty place, average skiing, sky-high prices”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Yes, this place is pretty, rugged mountains, decent amount of snow but the place needs some investment if it wants to compete with world class resorts. Food prices, lift passes and ski lessons are far more expensive than many European resorts which have far superior facilities. Not sure I would bother going again.

Visited July 2012
Redwood City, CA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Used to be great--now it's waning.”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Gorgeous mountain with super runs. The problem is the infrastructure. The company that owns it does not seem to be taking care of it. Also, the offerings apres-ski are pretty sparse compared to what you might find in Aspen or Vail.