“What a brilliant morning!”

Sierra Pelada Horse Riding School
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a trek this morning to the most incredible look-out over Andalucia and can't recommend Sierra Pelada enough. We have ridden a little bit before and this was the most enjoyable experience we've had on horse-back. We rode Luna and Spartan, both were in impeccable condition and made us feel very comfortable and confident. They had great characters and were a joy to ride. We started with 15 minutes in the riding arena so Liz could see what standard we were before tailoring the ride. Liz is an incredibly warm, positive person with clearly a lot of experience with the horses. She made us feel relaxed from the start and shared some great local knowledge on the trek. The trek was mostly over rocky terrain but were were able to pick up some speed on a few occasions, we felt completely safe and loved it!
Can't wait to go back again and will be recommending to anyone visiting Granada.

lizshennan, Owner at Sierra Pelada Horse Riding School, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you so much for the revive Rebecca, it was lovely to meet you both and so please you enjoyed it, hope you found montefrio ok and somewhere to eat? Anyway jump back on that London granada flight soon for even more galloping!

There are newer reviews for Sierra Pelada Horse Riding School

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We are a family of 6 ranging from 4yrs up to 40yrs. We booked the picnic treck which I highly recommend. Loads of food and drink. Lyn tailored the ride to our needs. We felt extremely safe with her and her staff. The horses are lovely. We sat and ate in a lobely shaded place overlooking miles and miles of olive trees and mountains. A must if in Southern Spain. Thank you. We hope to see you again soon.

I really enjoyed my time with your fun filled family x

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Our early morning trek into the hills around the stables was one of the highlights of our recent holiday in Andalucía. Making the arrangements with Liz was straightforward, and she managed to accommodate myself (who hadn't ridden for 20 years), my friend (also a little out of practice) and my 8 year old daughter, who only started riding this year. All the horses were perfect for our ability, and the trek up into the surrounding hills was relaxing, with stunning views at every turn. We were also delighted (as dog lovers) to have some of Liz's dogs accompany us. Liz is an excellent host, and pointed out plenty of places of interest during our ride. Everyone agreed it was a fabulous way to spend a few hours in glorious company and countryside.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a review, it really means a lot to me, I hope you all continue riding back in the uk!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went as every summer with the kids. Among us there were, beginners, kids, a newbie and me. The horses are very calm. This time Liz changed the path and we went up the mountains having wonderful scenes and marvelous views. You don't need to know anything about riding and if you do, it is even better!
When you are riding the horse you just forget about everything and enjoy the countryside as long as Liz explanations about the surroundings.
Very very nice!

1  Thank GuilleNiebla
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is one thing that you should do if you are in or near Granada! My girlfriend and I did the half day ride with a picnic and we had a fantastic day. Liz really deserves all the great comments she gets. I first found out about Sierra Pelada through tripadvisor and like you, read all the great comments and thought OK lets book it. I was not at all disappointed. Liz has a natural ability to make you feel comfortable, confident and at ease on horseback no matter what riding level you are at. Just add the beautiful Spanish countryside and you'll have yourself a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this!!!