“Very Nice and Relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sainte-Adele
montreal
“Very Nice and Relaxing”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very nice place. Welcoming, comfortable, relaxing, lazy.... everything you would want in a spa. It is not all modern looking but more natural and woodsy. Massage was great. Beds very comfortable. Jacuzzi was nice to have in the room. 3 hottubs outside were never all being used at the same time. Walks and small towns close by if looking for something to do. Recommend staying more than 1 night to get fully relaxed :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
ottawa
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Everything was as advertised. The service was friendly, the spa massages were good. The hardwood floors were a plus. The spring runoff made the river even more enticing. A very nice place to relax, not a tv in sight. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise, everything being home made. It' s not a big spa and the owner does not let it get crowded. A very pleasant experience, one that we will certainly renew. Our queen suite was just what the doctor ordered.

1 Thank klodio
Laval
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was my first and last experience at this inn. When I first reserved in mid January for a two nights with dog slay package for early March by phone, I was informed that the website was not up to date. The lady informed me about the changes and said that the down payment was now at 30% instead of 20%. She asked me at what time I would check in and no further questions. I found it odd, so I asked her if she needed to know our weight and height for the dog slay and she said no since each of us will have our own slay.

A week later or so, they called to ask me if I received ''the form''. I told them I didn't know what they were talking about and I reserved my dog slay for Saturday afternoon. Then, the down payment was approved at 400$, which at the time, I found quite pricy for a 30%. After that I was away from home and I received a number of calls from them requiring my e-mail address for ''the form''. I finally got the form a few days later asking information about our weight and height for the dog slay. What a surprise! That form also asked permission for a down payment of 50% of my total amount. I had to call to know the exact total price and the owner, who was very sweet, reconfirmed with me every detail of my reservation: the initial lady booked me a king suite and my arrival at 4:30PM. The 50% downpayment was never charged, so I called back and they told me that they weren't going to charge it. That's when I understood that the initial down payment wasn't 30%, but 50%.

I was informed that the lady no longer works there, but I had more surprises when I got there. I booked my massages in the morning, which was correct but they also booked the dog slay activity on the same morning when I asked for the afternoon. The next morning, there was another mistake for the massage booking: my boyfriend's masseuse came on time, but mine was miss-informed and she showed up 30 minutes late. And I don't know if it's normal, but at every inn I have been, a maid comes to redo the bed and change the towels everyday: we did not receive that service and I found it very disappointing for the price I paid and for a SPA.

We had a great time in the end, thanks to external factors that includes the dog slay and the restaurant which was the only thing that was correctly booked.

3 Thank Caroline J
beauxreves, Owner at Auberge & Spa Beaux Reves, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
All I can say is thanks for the great review. ‘’we had a great stay in the end’’ I can attest that at the time of this reservation the email address was not recorded and we do always send a form to everyone who has a dog sledding or snowmobiling package in order to be sure all the details are clear. In this particular case it took us over 2 months to finally get a return call and get the information required, so yes we did leave several messages. As far as our website is concerned one thing for sure is the policy for winter activity packages is clearly up to date and does show the 50% required deposit, in English and French.

As much as we would love to have all excellent reviews we do realize guests all have different expectations... This particular review is poor on the customer service grade and we do sincerely apologise for any inconveniences that may have occurred.
I am proud to add that I feel we have a staff that truly enjoys what they do, they enjoy working in our homey atmosphere. As an employer I do believe they do their best at all times and are glad to see guests leave happy. They are all human and sometimes little details can be left out, but all in all does it take away from the experience? After all we are supposed to be here to relax!!!
Thank you for these valuable comments we will continue to do our best to be 99.99999% perfect
Deux-Montagnes, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Its not called beaux reve for nothing, after an amazing massage and a relaxing night in the hot tubs my girlfriend and I were off to dream land, best sleep ive had in years!!

Room Tip: room 10 has a romantic heart shaped bath
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

everything was great. loved the outdoor hot tub with a great view

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheldon G
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My boyfriend and I had never been to a an auberge before, let alone a spa, so we didn't know what to expect. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted warmly by an older gentleman that enjoyed the fact that my boyfriend had a Montreal canadiens credit card, haha. The room was terrific ; we got a queen bed with a whirlpool and fireplace with an amazing view of the river. Then it got weird. My boyfriend and I were both scheduled massages, but they ended up putting one of us in our room to get one and the other massage was to be done in the cabins they have. They said it didn't matter who was in the room and who wasn't, so I sent my boyfriend back to the room to get that one. When my masseuse came out to get me, she was looking for my boyfriend and said that she needed him. It was all fixed in a matter of minutes, and I do understand that it was my masseuse first day there, but it was still a bit frustrating that she insisted that she needed him, and not me.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing in the outdoor jacuzzis (LOVED the one right by the river) and the steam showers. When we booked our package we knew it came with a dinner, but we weren't expecting them to make reservations for us! We ended up at Chez milo which was amazing! The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. Then we spent the rest of the night cuddling in the whirlpool with the fireplace roaring in the background.

This is a place we'll definitly visit again when we need another little romantic and relaxing getaway!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erin K
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2011

wow as a first time experience i really enjoyed it me and my girlfriend people are very kind place is very nice spa are amazing very nice view with river

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sainte-Adele
Hotel Spa Chateau Sainte-Adele
#1 of 5 in Piedmont
Excelsior Hotel Spa Sainte-Adele
Excelsior Hotel Spa Sainte-Adele
#5 of 11 in Sainte-Adele

Been to Auberge & Spa Beaux Reves? Share your experiences!