“Nordic Spa on a River”

Auberge & Spa Beaux Reves
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sainte-Adele
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I have visited twice solely to use their Nordic Spa and I enjoy it very much. Both times I have left there feeling like a new person. I have to point out that I use the facilities the way the staff suggest which is a 3 X's rotation between hot and cold. After the second cycle, you really do start to feel an improvement. I love their hammocks and have fallen asleep on them more than once. People complain about old chairs, etc but its not enough reason to avoid the place. You cannot find this kind of setting in Montreal. I like the staff because they are unpretentious and friendly. The river itself is lovely and you can sit on a rock in the water (which is surprisingly warm). They have attached a long, strong rope to a tree and one can safely venture into the water holding onto it. The change rooms are small but they don't accept large numbers of customers at once so its all quite manageable. On the way home, you can get gas at Sonic (a few blocks south on the #117) where you can get gas and actually pay cash just like the good old days. Nice to know that there is still some trust left in this world.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Auberge & Spa Beaux Reves

Reviewed 30 August 2014

As a couple with two young kids, we took one night off. Since it is a rare occasion, we were very exited. Unfortunately, it was not as good as we expected. First, we took the package with dinner, night and massages. When we arrived, we realized that the spa was closing at 9 pm. We got the reservation for the dinner at 7 pm. The woman at the reception told us that the night employee would probably let us go to the spa a little later in order to accommodate us. We tried to be as quick as possible in order to get a little time in the spa before going to bed. We arrived at the Auberge at 9H10. They refused to let us go in the spa. It was so deceiving for us since it was the only night we will have in say... One year. Never thought a spa would be closing so early. Everywhere I've been, it was closing at 10 pm.

When we got back in our room, we realized there was no coffee. And the breakfast was opening at 8H30 am. This is ok, but since we are early birds (not by choice), we knew we would wake up at 7H00 am and would have appreciate to get a coffee. We called the same guy at the reception and he told us that if we wanted to get coffee earlier than 8H30, there was a Tim Horton's in Sainte-Adèle town ... So, we woke up at 7 and waited an hour and a half in order to get our morning coffee. It is not a drama but it is the first time of my life I pay hundreds of dollars to have a night rest without being able to get a cup of coffee when I wake up.

The breakfast was not very good. They have a nice kitchen in the Auberge. I don't get the reason why they are not preparing say... Scrambled eggs and bacon to the order. It would be so much better then the cold hard boiled eggs, cold ham and cheap cheese. The employee at the breakfast did not even say "hello". The bread was good though.

The quality of the massages was not what we are used to. Like semi-pros massages.

The room was really clean and beautiful.

The spa is superb (although we didn't have a lot of time to go in) and the river is perfect.

Overall, a few improvements can do a lot there.

Room Tip: A room facing the river will allow a quieter night since the hotel is near the road.
1  Thank emilie2816
beauxreves, Owner at Auberge & Spa Beaux Reves, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

We thank you for your views and comments as they are important to us and as always will be discussed with the staff. As much as we try and make our establishment the perfect getaway we realize it is not always a good match for everyone. Our philosophy is partly based on the fact that we cater to guests that are really wanting to get away from their daily routines and need to disconnect. We also try and think outside the box and for this reason we are not always like other cookie cutter establishments. A little trip down to the river might have done wonders for you… as this is more of what we are about (as opposed to scrambled eggs).

We thank you for your great comments on the cleanliness of our establishment as we take great pride in this and we strive to keep all in the best order possible. We are a little surprised at the comments on our massage therapists, as every day over and over we hear from many guests that their massage was the best they had ever had. This off course is all a matter of opinion and as well the frame of mind we are in when we receive the massage. As for breakfast once again the comments we receive are usually very positive.

Our breakfast menu, for the record, is a country buffet and you can reload as much as you like: fresh fruit, sliced ham, sliced turkey breast, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, hard boiled eggs, cretons, yogurt, three types of cereals, country beans, oatmeal, breakfast cake, five types of bread (from a great local bakery), two types of juices, tea, coffee, tisane and condiments.

We try to keep it fare and offer the best quality service and product all at the best possible price (go ahead and compare) We also let people check in early and check in late almost all the time so that there is ample time to use the facilities that are open from 9am to 9pm.

We thank you for your comments
Cheers and enjoy the rest of summer 2014

Reviewed 20 August 2014

First time I write a review, I'm torn between raving about this place or keeping it to myself..
If your looking for a Zen kind of escape.. this is the place, I've been 3 times in so many years and seen the place evolve into a quality personal spa that offers an experience that is pleasurable and affordable, love the rooms the mesmerising sound of the river that drowns out the sound of the close but convenient main road 117. I rate the place excellent for what it offers.
kindest regards, Phil-T

Room Tip: separate building with all the rooms facing the river stayed in 3 different ones, liked them all...
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a great weekend, very relaxing. Loved sleeping with the patio door open listening to the river. The couples massage great. I would recommend this Auberge to anyone who is looking for a romantic relaxing weekend.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

July, 2014
We arrived early morning and even if our room was going to be ready mid afternoon with a nice welcome and a tour they let us enjoy the beautiful/relaxed site. We were happy with our room #4 very clean cozy / charming and with our windows open it was silent even if close to the road. Very good variety of restaurants’ we chose ‘’Garcons!’’ we enjoyed the food and service enough to return for sure, delicious! The buffet breakfast is good however could have more variety. We took the forfeit ‘’Douceur’’ and I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy a charming Spa close to Montreal.

Johanne

Room Tip: We had room #4 top floor, very quiet very charming. Private bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014

t's too bad- the possibilities for this place are endless. We came over from Montreal to spend 2 spa days and one night. Apart from the heavy traffic outside it's not bad the river drowns out the truck noise mostly.
Problem I had was I'm allergic to paint an chemicals and had a major asthma attack after they not only put me in a freshly painted room but the whole buliding was just painted and the fumes were terrible. Toxic paint. Toxic varnish .
All I wanted was some fresh air but got poison instead.
Get up - go down to hot tub and they are hammering and doing repairs.
No rest anywhere in this life . For that I paid 200$ and they wouldn't refund me so now I have to call my credit card company, since I was not able to sleep or enjoy the room. It's advertised as a spa hotel but the fumes are disgraceful. Beware too of very large biting spiders near river!

Room Tip: One at a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
beauxreves, Owner at Auberge & Spa Beaux Reves, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Sounds like someone needs to get away and relax!!!

We are really sorry that you have an allergic reaction to chemicals. However we have some serious questions on the seriousness of the situation, or where you just looking for a “freebie””. We take our business very seriously and would never try and cheat or pull off a stunt like putting someone in a “toxic” room, especially since we had a few other options available that night. NO other guests staying in this building on the same night had any complaints.

You check in at 15h – at 16h we mention to you that we have to finish painting the balcony below your room (with water based paint) you tell us great because we are going to the spa anyway. If you would have told us your intolerance to paint at this point we would have STOPPED right then. At 20h you come to reception to chat – you slept all night – at a7h40 (we open at 8h) you mentioned ( for the 1st time) to me (Hannes the owner) the toxic issue, I said I would look into it as it was my 1st morning back after holidays and hadn’t even seen my staff yet– at 8h30 you loaded up a tray of food enough for 6 people and brought it back to your “”toxic room” and ate it there.

I did speak to my all my staff after you left, as I take every issue/complaint very seriously. The room or interior was not touched it was painted 3 months ago. Only the exterior balcony below was painted the day you arrived with water based stain.

Our housekeeping also came back to reception with a pile of food that was left in the room un eaten and wasted..

Beware of ghost and goblins…

Reviewed 13 July 2014

First the letdowns. The auberge is just off a major and busy street. Also the auberge does not have a kitchen. The gastronomical option are with local restaurants. Finally, the breakfast is pretty spartan.

But the letdowns are well compensated by the location of the auberge along the river (which covers any traffic noise) and the extremely well designed outdoor spa (2 sauna, steam room, cold pool and hot oversized pool). We also took the massage option and had one of the best 90 minute massage that we have experienced.

Finally, the staff and owners extremely friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sainte-Adele
Hotel Spa Chateau Sainte-Adele
#1 of 5 in Piedmont
Auberge aux Nuits de Reve
Auberge aux Nuits de Reve
#1 of 4 in Sainte Agathe des Monts

Been to Auberge & Spa Beaux Reves? Share your experiences!