“My suposed trip with my girlfriend” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mont Gabriel

Hotel Mont Gabriel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sainte-Adele
Chambly, Canada
“My suposed trip with my girlfriend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

I am not happy with the trip I had. I go to the hotel and ask the person to charge me on my hotel room. They charge me all the time , it was a lot of money for nothing good service. I odered nachos and the nachos was terrible. The drink was good. The breakfast is the worst breakfast i eat. Wow , never again i will come back to this hotel.
It's just my opinion. When someone pass we hear the people. The worst rustic place i have ever seen.

Room Tip: DoN,t go to the rustic if you don't want to hear your nightboor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jean-michel p
Management_and_team, Director of Sales at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Your comments are important to us. We offer 3 different rooms section and the Rustic is all in log wood, some people like them because of the charm and the fireplaces. Perhaps you would like another section.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Pre-Christmas weekend getaway, 2011
Room: very clean and fairly well equipped. A mini-fridge would be a nice add-on. Our room had an HD LCD TV but the cable package was rather poor.
Staff: very helpful.
Amenities: The indoor pool is of a very decent size, includes a jacuzzi that can sit more than 6 people, for sure. As for the restaurant, we only had breakfast at the hotel. Again, very decent food. NB: they offer 3-4 meals a day. There's also a night bar at the hotel but we didn't go.
The ski slopes are very accessible; there aren't that many of them and they're not very demanding or long. However, they still offer a very enjoyable skiing. The advantage of this hotel is that it is merely 5 minutes ride from 2 other ski resorts and a beautiful St-Saveur, city nearby. Mt-Tremblant is no more than 30 minutes away, as well.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay and will definitely go again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rajkob
Thank you for your comments, the ski-in ski-out is a big advantage of Hotel Mont Gabriel. The village of St-Sauveur has lots to offer like skiing, shopping and restaurants. We hope to great you again soon.
Ottawa,Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Hotel Mont Gabriel is situated at the top of a mountain and the view is amazing. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They also have a nice restaurant, a great bar and lounge and 2 pools. It's only a 3 minute drive to the village of Mont Saint Sauveur which has all sorts of little shops, outlets and great restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mcrocque
Management_and_team, Director of Sales at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
You are mostly welcome back anytime and thank you for taking the time to write a review. As you know, we are a four season resort with golf, tennis, spa and alpine skiing directly on site. This winter season you can try dogsleeding on our golf course !
New jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

This was our second visit to the hotel. If you play golf, it can't be beat. Stay 2 nights and get 2 free rounds of golf with cart (Sunday to Thursday). We stayed 4 nights and received four rounds. They have some nice rooms that run $99.00 per night in the summer, so for $400.00 you get 4 nights room and 4 rounds of golf. That is a great value and the staff are very nice as well. We did the M.A.P. plan on our last visit, but this time we wanted to try the local excellent restaurants for dinner. We did have the full buffet breakfast each day, which works out to be about $19.00 per person, per day, but it was worth it. The choices were vast, including an omelet staion. The french toast with local maple syrup was especially good. The hotel has 3 category of rooms, depending what building you are in. Both times we have been there, we have chosen to stay in one of the 2 chalets offered. Chalet 609 is a 2 level free standing building next to the hotel and golf course, which has a lower level with wet bar, flat screen TV, large living room with 2 couches (pull out beds), wing chairs, and a half bath. There is also a nice patio outisde sliding doors with a table and four chairs. Upstairs is a king size bed, flat screen TV, and 2 person jacuzzi bath. The room is $189.00 per night (Sunday to Thursday). This is a lot of rrom for the price. The golf course is a tough scenic layout with some great holes, including a par three with an island green. The local area includes the villages of St-Sauveur and Ste. Adele, which offer excellent ding, shopping and walking.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management_and_team, Director of Sales at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
We love repeat customers !! Thank you for coming back to Hotel Mont Gabriel and all your good comments. Our promotion 2 consecutives nights = 1 round of golf FREE from Sunday to Thursday is very popular and is a great value. We are planning to keep this promotion next year also. We are offering the same type of promotion for families with the water slides.
Thank you and come again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

Good for a night stay. Room was small but we did not need more. 2 pools is a plus.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Management_and_team, Director of Sales at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our pools. As for the room size, we offer 3 different rooms sections, maybe next time you come and visit, you can try another section. Best regards and thanks for taking the time to wright a review,
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

It was a BIG mistake staying in this room. A year ago we made a mistake reserving two rooms in this room (we thought this hotel is near Quebec City) after finding out that this hotel was only in Laurentians we cancelled the reservation but they charged me 100$ (50$/room) They said that they charge cancelled room reservation, and they can credit the 100$ for a year. Leaving us no choice we decided to stay for two nights this summer...for they are very close to Parc Aquatique St-Sauveur. After a day long at the water park we checked in around 6pm...me and my husband and kids we're all tired so we just want to get to the check in process quickly, rest and relax to our room. To our surprise the FOA told us that our room was at the second floor with no elevator...so imagine how we drag all our belongings, luggages, coolers, and tired and cranky children on a very long hallway with three different kind of steps even before we could get into the real two story high up stairs that will lead us to our room. We can't even bring the hotel trolley there because it's impossible. Finally, we got into our room...but to only frustrate us more...to our dismay the room was terribly small, bathroom is awfully small, dirty, mildew on the walls and NO VENT in the bath, toilet bowl so dirty. So every time you take a shower it's a nightmare with all the steam in a very very tiny bathroom. Second, the main room soooo tiny with a very tiny aircondition as well that won't even cool up. Imagine the temperature of mid-summer (July) so hot and humid and the a/c doesn't even get cold. Not to mention the curtains that is suspended along the window up to the floor so when you close the curtain it deffinitely covers the tiny a/c well. Beds are hard, very uncomfortable. I went down to the reception to see if they have other room available bec obviously I cant stay in this room for two nights..the reception said no..they are fully booked no available room!! Oh, I forgot to mention I also receive two annoying phone calls on our first night from the reception looking for a person I don't even know. When I told them that you got the wrong number....she asked me who I was? Why in the world would I tell her who am I? If she was indeed from the reception then..she should have known who stays who in every room in that ^%^#$@*! hotel!! After receiving this phone call around 10pm (imagine the time). I called the reception and complained. I asked who the hell was that person from the reception calling our room and looking for someone who deffinitely was not from that room...and what upsets me more....she was asking me who am I? The reception put me on hold and never came back to the line. The following morning I went down to the reception and asked the same question. I told them that I do not appreciate someone calling me in my room @ 10pm looking for someone and asking who am I? That they should know better how "PRIVACY" should implicate in every hotel businesses!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank catet2
Management_and_team, Director of Sales at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Your comments are very important to us. Our resort, we agree has a different configuration and is equippped with an elevator in the Tyrol section, the Marquise and Rustique sections have stairs. We understand that walking to your room after the day at the Water Park was tiring. In reference to our cancellation and deposit policies, it is of utmost importance to all reservations personnel to clearly explain our policies when a client reserves a room at our property. Thus, the requested 50$ per room is non refundable when cancelling 14 days or less. We apologize for the phone calls you received, as this is exceptionally unusual.

Travellers are raving about these Sainte-Adele hotels

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Mont Gabriel for one night. We would normally have stayed in Saint-Sauveur but the price was significantly lower at this hotel and we decided to try it. We did not spend much time at the hotel (needed to room for the overnight). The bathroom was too small for our taste and the bed too firm. As for the resort, it has a lot to offer - pool, tennis, golf, etc.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management_and_team, Director of Sales at Hotel Mont Gabriel, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are a 4 seasons resort offering year round activities, our guests enjoys outdooring. We are presently changing all mattress and new flat screen tvs are being installed in our standard section, the other rooms sections were completed before Christmas. We offer a great quality- price value. If you prefer larger rooms, you should enjoy the Tyrol section next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sainte-Adele
Hotel Spa Chateau Sainte-Adele
#2 of 6 in Saint Sauveur des Monts
Esterel Resort
Esterel Resort
#1 of 1 in Esterel

Been to Hotel Mont Gabriel? Share your experiences!