“Cozy”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sainte-Adele
Laval, Quebec, Canada
“Cozy”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed one night and we were very satisfied. The restaurant served a very good meat and the service was good. The room was nice, jacuzzi included and definitly worth the price difference. The service in general was very good. We recomend this place for a one night romantic escape. Relax, cozy, good price, good food.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nati A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
d
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed there for one night just to go relax up north and we were very satisfied. Obviously this is not a modern hotel, it is a chalet. The rooms are very clean, the service is good and it is a very quiet and cozy atmosphere. No complaints to make.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephanie d
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed there for just one night, including dinner. Visited some of the other rooms. The rooms are not modern hotel style (this is a chalet after all), but were clean and cozy, bathrooms spotless; good food, and the service was fine. No complaints about anything.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BobMQC
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Go for the great massage or the food but nothing else. The rooms are terrible. Headboard of bed was loose and banged up against the wall, lamp next to bed didn't work and was eventually replaced by another one that didn't work. They didn't make up the room and when they were told they just dropped clean towels on the bed. Walls are paper thin. You hear everything from other rooms, flushing of toilet, jacussi, television, talking. It rained while we were there and loud dripping noise coming from fireplace all night. My wife tried to plug in her hair dryer in an extension also used for TV and lost power to both. Owner was arrogant when I tried to make reservations. When I complained he sjust replied it was regretable and did nothing about it. Would not have gone had I not received this weekend package as a gift from our kids. Once I got the balance of my bill for the tips and taxes they still charged me for room service and 4 glasses of wine when we only had 2. Still waiting for their call to explian error and get my refund. I would not recommend this place to anyone

2 Thank Intrigue_12

Travellers are raving about these Sainte-Adele hotels

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I bought a deal through Teambuy because the price was good. About $159 for a night, dinner for two, breakfast for two and two RMT massages with insurance receipt. So basically most of the cost is comped through the insurance making it a decent deal. On top of the price is taxes and a 15% gratuity which is about $40.

At first I was disappointed attempting to reserve the room. I called as soon as I was allowed to with my coupon and it was booked way passed the summer months into September. I was worried that they would not honour the coupon and was wondering if they even had any vacancies available in the summer. On top of that, the woman who answered the phone did not speak English and was difficult to understand. I obviously speak French and the hotel is in Sainte-Adele so it's not a problem but being served in English is a preference.

On my second phone call I spoke with a man who did serve me in English and he was way more accommodating and helpful with confirming my reservation.

Upon arrival the place is really nice and welcoming. I was served again by the man on the phone with a smile. We were early for our massages and he had the room available for us as soon as we were out (a few hours earlier then the regular check in).

Our massage therapists were great however the "table time" was truncated to about 40 minutes. We arrived 30 minutes early but they saw us late, took time to write our receipts in the beginning and let us "relax" well before the 60 minutes was up. Definitely not worth the $70 price tag in my opinion (but it was a really good 30 minute massage).

The room was very nice. We had a Jacuzzi bath and a fireplace in our room. 3-hour artificial logs were an extra 6 dollars but worth it. I remember our coupon stated that it was $20 extra for a room with a fireplace and Jacuzzi bath but I never paid that (and thankfully I didn't). Maybe I got lucky and the other rooms don't have the extra items. I'll take it. My only complaint with the room is that there is no insulation in the wall/ceiling. You hear every foot step, toilet flush, television and "other" sounds.

Dinner was very good. Included in the coupon was a table d'hôte with soup/bruschetta/main/dessert/coffee. (I think the coffee was included). The menu contained items that were extra like duck and lamb, which is understandable. Basically you are comped about $20 for the dinner and the extra items are about $10-$15. Meal was great, service was fantastic.

Same with breakfast. You have a choice of any and all of eggs/sausage/bacon/pancakes/french toast/toast served with unlimited coffee and orange juice. Very delicious eggs and pancakes (and bacon... and sausage).

As far as the meal goes I was satisfied and happy. It's not a 5 star restaurant but expectations were exceeded.

Overall it was a very enjoyable and relaxing escape from the city. I would say the price is more or less on point but full price might be a bit expensive. I've seen a new deal for a night, bottle of wine, dinner and breakfast for $99. When you consider the meal and breakfast alone this becomes a good deal but I wouldn't want to pay $100+ for the night and $100+ for the dinner/breakfast for two.

Room Tip: Take a second floor room to avoid noisy footsteps. Definitely make sure your room has a fireplace as...
1 Thank chriskarpyszyn
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The place as such is not bad (however not at all as nice as portrayed in advertisements), but the owner does not have any idea what customer service is. He is rude if you dare to ask for anything, changes your dinner schedule without a notice and when you inform him that this ruins your plans, he says it's not his problem and that it is ridiculous to complain about something like that. Tells you in what order you'll be doing things and when you dare contradict him - insults you. He couldn't even provide customers with cream for coffee in the morning under the pretext that it is frivolous and unnecessary. The rest of the staff do what they can to offset the lack of civility of the owner and are very nice. Beware of all the hidden fees too, it will cost you a lot in the end for service surcharge and other things like that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank T4ty4n4
HotelAlpineInn, Manager at Hotel Alpine Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We are sorry to hear that you felt we could have done better. We appreciate your feedback, and will take your comments into consideration and we will review them with our staff. We pride ourselves in our staff’s vast knowledge and we take feedback like yours seriously. your review will give us the opportunity to provide our guests with a greater service and accommodations . We hope that you will change your mind and come in again and don’t hesitate to ask for me upon your arrival to allow me to serve you personally. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve our customer experience. Joseph Manager.
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2012

we stayed at the alpine inn sainte-adele last weekend and had a very good time the staff is great and everyone from the owner to the waitress is having fun and in good mood it shows that they all love what they are doing
we had the best filet mignon ever, the massages were great and the room was pretty nice too
the grounds are very well kept we even had a fire camp outdoors after diner

Room Tip: ask for room 317
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sainte-Adele
Hotel Spa Chateau Sainte-Adele
#1 of 6 in Saint Sauveur des Monts
Hotel Le Chantecler
Hotel Le Chantecler
#8 of 11 in Sainte-Adele

Been to Hotel Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!