Hotel Alpine Inn
US$100
US$97
Le Clair Matin(Sainte-Adele)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
Auberge de la Gare(Sainte-Adele)
US$96
US$60
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsducklog cabinfireplace and jacuzzi tubgroupon dealclean bathroomentrecotefully equipped kitchenshort driveroom was largemain buildingmassagewinterstwashroommontrealski
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were planning on only staying one day, but decided to extend our stay another night as a vacancy had opened up and we were impressed. For both nights we opted to include the dinner for a bit extra.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom chalet with a fireplace and a large extra tub with jets. Everything is very rustic (read: old) but in impeccable condition and very clean. The property is small, so everything is within a couple minutes walk. You are attached to another chalet, and we could easily hear when our neighbours were leaving the next morning, although the bedrooms are on opposite sides of the building so you shouldn't hear too much in the middle of the night.

The service from the moment we arrived until the moment we left was nothing less than exemplary. We were treated very well every step of the way, with all the staff we encountered. The manager is a congenial, bilingual man who goes out of his way to make you feel welcome.

We were a little put off when we first arrived and read over the "rules", which seem a little heavy-handed (you can read them in French on their website), but we had no problems with them during our trip. Also be aware that they charge a 15% service charge on top of your total bill, which is taxable. This was not something that was obvious when I booked, and it should be advertised better just because it is unusual in Quebec (I am from Montreal). However, it was much more pleasant to be able to go to dinner and not have to worry about bills or tipping, and the service never suffered. It is a model I would hope more establishments try.

The Dinner: The restaurant is in the main building, not more than a 5 minute casual walk from anywhere else on the property. It is a small restaurant, but with a lot of character. The ambience was excellent, as was the food. For the price you pay (a table d'hôte, which I think is 70$ for 2 people) you get a soup of the day, a salad, an entree of your choice, and a small dessert. Coffee or tea may or not be included (I tend to stay away from caffeine in the evenings). For that price you get a varied selection of fish, chicken, beef, different pastas, and different kinds of veal. If you wish to pay a supplementary fee, they vary from ~10$ to ~20$ for things like Filet Mignon or duck. Both nights my meals were fantastic, and I didn't get anything with a supplementary fee. My partner paid 18$ extra for the filet mignon surf and turf with shrimp the first night and thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all, we both felt their prices were reasonable, and the food excellent.

Breakfast: A sit-down buffet in the same restaurant as dinner. You can order any combination of normal North American breakfast fare: eggs, bacon, toast, french toast, pancakes (they say crepes, but they are more small pancakes) with orange juice and coffee and the service is as good in the morning as in the evening. We didn't feel the need to eat anywhere else, even though the laurentians area has some great cuisine.

The staff of this establishment try very hard to create a very specific type of atmosphere. Everything is a certain way, and we enjoyed it. I would recommend this "resort" especially for couples, although it would seem everyone is welcome.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We booked a package that included breakfast and dinner and it was fantastic. We lucked out when we called as all the rooms were booked and they had a last minute cancellation for their 2 bedroom bungalow and they let us have it for no extra charge.Travelling with a 4 1/2 year old and having 2 bedrooms meant my wife and I had some privacy. It was a old log cabin with a beautiful huge fireplace that we did not use. The furniture was rustic but that was ok as the log cabin was very old. The two bedrooms were huge and the master bedroom came with the biggest 1 person Jacuzzi bathtub I have ever been in. It was off in a nook and I was nearly able to lie down in it.
The dinner and breakfast was fantastic as were all the staff and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Let me start by saying the food was good, not great.
Most items were $10 to $15 extra.
We paid $40 extra for the Romantic Suite.
The stairs and balcony were not cleared of snow during our entire stay.
Our shower did not work due to frozen pipes, but we were willing to live with it.
After skiing my wife tried to take a nice hot bath in the outdated Jet Stream bath, but ran out of hot water at the height of 3 inches.
The suite area consisted of a wing back chair, an outdated TV, an outdated fireplace, and an outdated "jacuzzi' style bath tub.
The floor was tile- very cozy ??
If we wanted to use the fireplace, a 3 hour log costs $6 extra.
The heating consisted of 2 space heaters.
The next morning there was no hot water again.
Breakfast was acceptable.
The owner removed the extra $40 charge.
The hotel is severely outdated and needs a complete facelift.
My wife an I have been going away in January for many years, and this is the worst place we have been to.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms are very outdated.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Very nice discovery, first visit but not the last, Nice Inn great host. Everything was excellent and well presented at dinner. you will love it no doubt. Me and my wife stayed here and had dinner Saturday night, and we had different dishes and have shared. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING we tasted were just exquisite! What we had the Filet mignon with shrimp and Doré amandine. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eric j
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Alpine Inn the week-end of Nov. 2nd 2013 and we were immediately charmed by the setting. The staff was very welcoming, the food (we had dinner and breakfast at the hotel's restaurant called l'Entrecôte) was absolutely delicious and the room was cozy with a nice big whirlpool bath and fireplace. We also had very relaxing massages at the hotel's spa. In sum, this was the ideal place for a romantic week-end get-away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple