“out of curiosity...”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“out of curiosity...”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My boyfriend and I recently visited Bagni Spa on Saturday, June 15, 2013. We had discovered a deal on Tuango just the day before and out of curiosity, we figured we would try it out.
This spa shares the same river with another spa that we have been to on more than one occasion called the Polar Bear Club which apparently years ago was all the same place but later split into what is now 2 separately owned spas. We learned that apparently there has been tremendous amount of renovations done to Bagni but since it was our first time here, we are not able to compare to the "before" but only comment on the "after". In a nutshell, it is a much smaller spa that requires yet many more improvements. Despite the attempts of trying to achieve the quaintness of an older home transformed into a spa, the design lacks privacy/intimacy.
With only 3 baths (1 hot, 1 cold and 1 warm) placed in the center completely surrounded by several long plastic patio lawn chairs it felt more like having been to a pool party in someone's back yard rather than an actual spa. The dry sauna was good and had a great view overlooking the rapids of the river but the eucalyptus steam room was waaaay to steamy which prevented us from staying in it for more than a few minutes as we felt unsafe not being able to see our hand in front of our face not to mention the intense heat from the steam making it difficult to even breathe. :( However the staff was very friendly and willing to please. It's just too bad that they do not enforce the "please be more silent" rule as people were able to freely use their cell phones and others were permitted to talk rather loudly which ruined the ability to relax being at a "spa". It was worth the $19.50 we had paid with the Tuango deal but unfortunately, we probably will not go back as there are other spas worth our money, sorry Bagni.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank rdabeatrix

ottawa
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Small and cozy”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This is a small spa that is nice and quiet during the week. The change rooms could use a facelift but the sauna and steam room are quite adequate. One of the saunas has huge windows that face the river which makes it even more relaxing. Nothing is supplied at this location, so you need to bring your bathrobe and towel or rent them. It`s a great place to spend the day

Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 279 helpful votes
“My worst spa experience ever……”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Hi everyone, I have just had a bad experience from Spa santé Bagni in st-Adele and I figured I would share this with all of you. I booked this spa because I had noticed it several times in the past, it was just across the river from the Polar Bears Club, and it looked like a nice place to try. Two weeks before this happened I wrote them an email requesting a couple massage on Saturday February 2nd, a few days went by and I hadn`t received a reply so I decided to call them. The girl I spoke to was very professional and said it was a good thing I called because emails are not always answered. So I was happy that I called and I booked a couple’s massage and she asked me for my preferences as well as my spouse. This was to be a birthday weekend in St-Adele and a massage is always a preferred gift. I received a telephone call on Friday confirming the reservation for the next day at 18:00 for a couple’s massage with preferences as to male and female for both of us. We arrived early around 3:00 on Saturday so we could make good use of the hot tubs and pools prior to our massage. At the reception we were greeted by a young girl who seemed puzzled when I said my name, after a few minutes I asked her is my name on the reservation and she said `Oh yes` after several minutes of typing on her keyboard I could see the perplexed look on her face and she then said just a moment please, as she left I was thinking to myself that she was getting the manager but when she returned it was evident that this girl was not the manager, this girl was the one operating the food stall. She typed and typed and then there was this blank look on her face, I could tell there was a problem. She said you booked a couples massage but there is just one therapist reserved for both of you, after twenty minutes of typing and going back and forth I said to her is it possible to get a massage at any other time before or after, or one after another it really not a problem, but she replied no it’s impossible everything is booked. She then said this is the third time today that this has happened. As a last resort she said I`ll call the manager, I could see that this was not fun for her, during this time several people were coming to the reception want food and she kept saying I’ll be right there. When she reached the manager I could see in her face and the distance that she held the phone from her hear that she was definitely afraid of bothering her, the manager was out bowling with friends and didn’ t want to be bothered. After a long talk with the manager she said well perhaps we can squeeze you in for a 45 minute massage and we will give you a 15% reduction, but that’s only if we can reach the therapist who was presently busy and she agrees to give you a massage. It seemed less than perfect but I had just spent forty five minutes standing at the reception trying to work this out. So she said in the meantime go ahead and use the spa and I will come and see you about the massage, off we went to the changing rooms only to realize that she had forgotten to give me a lock. I returned to the reception and I asked for a padlock so I could secure my belonging, this is where she looked me right in the eyes and said ``there`s no more locks`` I could see she felt terrible and it was in no way her fault. In desperation she said: I`ll gladly give you one when someone returns one, but at this point there was no way I was going to wait. This turned out to be a total disappointment, and this is the place that if you cancel your massage 24hrs before you have to pay the full amount. I usually don`t write these types of reviews but I think that this is exceptional. Remember that spas are places you come to, to forget your problems and were everything runs smoothly and stress fee. As I left I glanced the newspaper article posted on the wall that raved about the new administration and decoration about this place, I would have just loved to try the tubs and pools, but that was not possible. So here you have my experience of trying this spa, needless to say I will not return. If management is reading this I would love to hear your comments.

Kind regards.