“Better than it looks”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Magog
Ottawa, Canada
“Better than it looks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Upon entering our room our first reaction was "oh Boy what have we got oursleves into". But after our initial impression we looked around. The room was clean, furniture was dated but it good shape, room has been recently painted, beds were comfortable and clean. Washroom was up to standard but no fan. Each room(we rented three) was equipped with a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The building is a single storey motel with the water pipes running in a crawl space. You could hear when somebody took a shower or flushed the toilet. Staff were very friendly and competent. One had to be careful exiting the room as there was a slanted piece of plywood which was quite slippery. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Righttime

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

A simple review, because it was a lovely room, but small.

Somehow they'd managed to pack everything you need in the room, including a microwave!

The bathroom was also very nice. All in all a comfortable stay and no issues at all.

Good price, the only thing missing was the breakfast! But a 10 minute walk will take you to town to find plenty of places to eat (or supermarkets if you want to buy the night before, as we did!)

And Magog is a really nice place to stay, visit and walk around. It might've been the middle of winter, but this was one of my favourite places so far.

Room Tip: 6 was renovated and lovely.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

staff was friendly. very close to macdonalds.

.toilet drain and bed are not god.
air was stuff. door wasn't safe. the office close until 9am.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank guswn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to P.E.I., we just needed a place to rest before heading out the next morning.

The owners were very friendly, the room was exceptionally clean (when I think Motel I guess I assume a little rough around the edges) and there was free WiFi, a microwave and fridge in our room and a new flat screen TV. What more can you ask for at $85 a night? If 'outdated' sheets bother you (as one poster commented) then maybe you should be staying at a hotel that costs $160 a night. Come on! I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed September 2013
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We found the room clean, though a bit dated; the bathroom seemed renovated; the check in was a breeze; and the location is convenient - a short walk from the restaurants and shopping area, yet in a quiet spot. May be if those flowery multiple-use bed covers are replaced with simple, white, washable-after-each-customer ones, the perception of the room and the general customers' experience will be much different (in a better way).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a resort town in the Eastern Provinces of Quebec - so hotel prices near the lake can get high. This place is very clean - even though most everything looks as if it was built in the 1940s or 1950s. Think retro mid-century drive in motel and you've got the picture. Close to the 'lac' and to the downtown - which is quite cute. We had the large family suite - which was actually quite small - room enough for two double beds and not much more - even though a small table, fridge and microwave were crammed along one wall.

Service was great. Desk closes at 10pm - but they were very willing to accommodate me if my flight was delayed. Clerk gave us lots of advice about restaurants and things to see/do during our short stay. Very friendly and helpful.

In any other town, I would consider this room very expensive. But here in a resort town, with limited availability, I suppose I got a good deal.

Room Tip: Room 17, family suite faces the street and seems a bit more noisy than other suites.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

On March 19, 2013, I was looking for a clean and affordable place to stay in the vicinity of the city of Sherbrooke, QC. I used an Internet search engine to discover this Motel de l'Outlet, located in Magog, which is 30 km away from Sherbrooke. I drove using the Garmin GPS but got lost because the GPS did not indicate accurately the place. I was let 1 km away from the address of the motel at 265 Hatley street West instead of the actual motel location of 82 Hatley Street West. I have to ask for help twice. Finally, I made it in the cold and very snowy night. But my persistence was rewarded when I met Felix, I believe, the man at the reception. He was very welcoming and my registration was fast, courteous, and professional. When I entered the room, it was spotless, very clean and no smoking as I wished. The night was good and had a very good rest. I slept so quickly that I forgot to go buy my diner that night. The best way to get there is to use the Quebec Highway 10 to Magog, Aut-10, and then remember that the GPS coordinates are approximate only.

Eventually, I highly recommend this motel if you are on a budget and looking for a clean place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo