“Horrible Experience on this boat” 2 of 5 bubbles

Gananoque Boat Line
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Gananoque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offering 1000 Islands cruises to your tastes: Boldt Castle stopover cruises, 2.5 hour cruises the shipwrecks of the 1000 Islands (this is also the most comprehensive cruise in the 1000 Islands), 1-hour nature cruises and 1-hour icon cruises. We don't stop there! If you prefer the magic of the 1000 Islands at night, we have evening cruises such as murder mystery dinner cruises, wine and cocktail tasting cruises and music cruises!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Experience on this boat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the time we arrived at this attraction, we were greeted with nothing but trouble. There are many many bus tours that stop over at this attraction. Part of our tour group was in front several other people in the middle and then myself. People were rude and discourteous and were pushing like farm animals to get in front of us to get to their group. If that is the case, I should have also been allowed to go closer to the front with others from my group. I do not understand the concept of the line as people just push in front as they please and the people working there do nothing but stand around a twiddle their thumbs.

As I was now at the back of the line, there was hardly any good choices of seats on the boat. We were seated in the middle on the top deck. Once the boat started there were way too many people crowded at the top. Why is there not a limit for people at the top? Why are there so many people allowed on the boat. The captain also did nothing to ease the congestion. Everyone was crowded and no one could see, so I got up from my seat to go to the edge to get a picture only to be YELLED at by the RUDEST man I have ever met with in my entire life. He was then pushing people telling them to get out of his way, that he paid for his ticket etc. He even came at me like he was about to push me and there was no one there to tell this man to go somewhere else. I don't know who is running this boat tour but clearly something needs to be done as my ride was anything but pleasant. What a terrible way to end a lovely 3 day trip.

1 Thank Michele228

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“2.5 hour cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

As expected, it was a beautiful cruise. We find the ticket pricing reasonable, but the food/drink prices are outrageous. We understand that seating is fluid, people moving around, but a gentleman stood in front of my husband and myself for several minutes as we were seated, and clearly heard us say that we'd get a drink and come back. We know he spoke English. On our return, about 4 min later, he was seated with 3 women, nice and cozy where we had been sitting. There was nothing to be done, we ended up standing for the next hour. I know this isn't the cruise line's issue; I'm mentioning it only as a warning to others. Common courtesy isn't always commonplace.

Hamilton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good 2.5 hour 1000 islands tour - professionally run”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The 2.5 hour tour was great and very informative. We decided to forego the Bohlt Castle stopover due to reviews and local opinion regarding the extended wait times for US Customs and the disappointment with the unfinished second floor interior and grafitti. This tour offers take you on a large loop that includes a circling of Bohlt Castle

The only complaint I would have is that they need more video monitors around boat so we can all see and hear the local history from our seats instead of cramming around one monitor at the front. Other than that, it was a great tour and very professionally run.

1 Thank pjwlk
Kingston, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“2014Boldtcruise437NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We took 10am 5hr cruise from Gananoque to Boldt Castle. Beautiful and relaxing. The staff were friendly and the boat is very clean . It was Caesar day - same price for a glass of beer or a Caesar which was great for me - Im a Caesar girl and they were large and very tasty. Boldt castle is beautiful, the grounds and the history that goes with it. A beautiful day. Worth every penny.

Visited July 2014
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Thousand Island cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We went on the 5 hour cruise. Stop over on Heart Island in New York so bring your passports. Boldt Castle is on this Island. The staff was wonderful and the food on the boat was reasonably priced.

Visited July 2014