We were looking for a nice place to go for supper and overnight stay for Valentines We decided to try out the Gananoque Inn. We stayed there a couple of years ago on a room and theatre package. We also stop there for lunch sometimes. The hotel seems nicer every time we see it. The reception has a large fireplace, nice decor and a very helpful staff. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was a "fireplace king" which had a natural gas fireplace. It was spacious with a couch and chairs near the fireplace. The dinner was in Muskie Jakes bar which was OK. The dining room is only open weekends this time of year. We both had the prime rib and it was delicious. Our server "Colin" was perfect. We mentioned off the start that we were not in a hurry and he brought us our drinks and didn't come back until we signalled. Overall it was a relaxing and romantic evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Canada - Ontario