The property's site is its greatest strength. It is located directly on the water with lovely views of the Thousand Islands from dining areas and from many of the rooms. We visited in early July 2014 while travelling to Lake Placid. We returned several days later for a night on our way back home from Lake Placid. Our first experience was with room 507 in a building known as The Annex. The room was extremely stale, musty and dated. We had to sleep with all windows open and still the smell was fairly overwhelming. In the room was a 1980's style Jacuzzi. Other than adding to the dated feel of the room, it was neither here nor there and we didn't use it. Had we not pre-booked a non-refundable room for our return trip from Lake Placid, I am sure we would never have chosen to visit this property again. However, on our return visit, we stayed in room 204 in the main building and it was very nice. The room was fairly large and had a great view of the water. The food at the inn's restaurant was adequate but certainly not stellar but the views made our reservation worthwhile. Because of its lovely location, this inn is booked well in advance during the summer months. If one can secure a room in the main building, this place is worth an overnight stay but the sub-par rooms in the annex should be avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Canada - Ontario