Background: My girlfriend and I (in our 20’s) were looking to get away for a few days during the Christmas break. We came across the website for the Gananoque Inn via a travel Ontario site. We checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor and figured this would be a good place to stay for 3 days/2 nights. We used the Gananoque Inn’s website to book our room. We went with two different packages because there was a special on the dinner package for the one night. The package for the second night included a bottle of sparkling wine along with the dinner.
The Inn: The Gananoque Inn is a very nice Inn. It is located right beside the river. The main lobby was nicely decorated for Christmas when we were there. There is a spa if you want to book a massage or whatnot. We did not use the spa. There are two restaurants. Only the main restaurant is open during the off-season. It is a pub style restaurant. The food was great! Our package included dinner, which was a full dinner with soft drinks, appetizers, main course and desert. They make sure you don’t leave hungry! Be sure to make reservations though.
The Room: We booked room #114. Our room was right at the water in a 6 unit building. Our room had a slight view (because of the angle of the window) of the river. It had a king size bed and a very nice Jacuzzi tub in the room. If we go back I’d book room #115, an end unit, which had two windows, one directly looking over the river. This room, however, had two double beds. All rooms in “Waterfront” building looked amazing! With these rooms you get prime parking (regular parking is another few metres across the street).
Off-Season: If you are looking to go in the off-season, like we did, look for package specials, I feel like we got an excellent deal for the two nights with dinner. There is not as much to do there in the off-season, but that was ok with us. There is shopping in the downtown area, which is a 5min walk from the Inn. You can also drive along the Parkway and stop along the way to enjoy some scenic points. Other than that, there is not much else to do in the immediate area. Kingston and Brockville are near-by as well as the US.
Overall: Nice Inn with great Jacuzzi rooms, tasty pub restaurant and an excellent location. The employees were very accommodating. Thanks to the receptionists and especially to the bartender/host/receptionist guy. So, if you are looking for a lazy slow-paced romantic winter getaway, why not try the Gananoque Inn?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Canada - Ontario