My mom and I stayed at the Gananoque Inn and Spa, we got the two night spa package, and we loved every second of it! Our room was on the second floor, two queen beds. We thought the decor was beautiful, everything was clean and well maintained. The front desk was very accomodating, my mom wanted to see the other rooms (in the Annex and Waterfront) for future visits and they gave us the key and let us go look. They booked play tickets for us and gave us directions whenever needed. The spa was amazing and I highly recommend it to everyone who goes! I had the relaxation massage and spa pedicure, my mom had the hot stone massage. We both wanted more, the staff were extremely friendly, professional and very good at what they do. The facilities were lovely, with lovely, dimly lit rooms and soft music. The Watermark restaurant had wonderful views, great service, presentation of the food was beautiful, but unfortunately the food itself was not very good. The first night both our caesar salads had to be sent back because the lettuce was brown. The manager came over and gave us a free drink which was very nice. The main courses were decent, but nothing to brag about. The desserts were the best part. The breakfast buffet was similar, decent but not great. The pastries were the best part but the hot food was just okay. We saw the Blood Brothers play at the playhouse and it was amazing, much better than we had expected. We did a boat tour but the front desk was nice enough to tell us that if we drove 15 minutes to Rockport the one hour tour was the same as the 2.5 hour from Gananoque because its further into the islands. Highly recommend it, we will do a longer one with a stop at Bolt island next time. Loved every second and cannot wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Canada - Ontario