“wow the hotel was wonderful we will return soon”

Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed 21 July 2011

when we walked in i couldn't believe the friendly service we received. we were greeted with a smile and friendly chatter. Our room was spacious and clean with 2 queen beds a fridge and microwave. i checked out the other places in town but found they were either too expensive or disgusting and dirty. but this place was a gem. when i go away i want to feel comfortable, relaxed and secure. i felt all of this there. i will be back. I had great memories I was able to take home with me. next time I think I'll rent that 2 room jacuzzi suite i took a sneek peek at ...... wow.......!!!!!!

Room Tip: try to get the first floor it has outdoor chairs you can sit outside with.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MontrealVedettes

Reviewed 4 September 2010

I've been in the 1000 Islands area plenty of times in the past, but this was my first time in Gananoque. I absolutely loved it! The service was great, staff upon check in and check out were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very neat and tidy, and the beds were very comfortable. There is a seafood restaurant on site. I was a bit skeptical at first because I am not the biggest fan of seafood but my partner wanted to try it out. He enjoyed his fresh lobster and I tried one of their burgers-it was delicious!
I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. I will definitely be coming back next summer.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank uognb
Reviewed 28 January 2010

The staff here were very friendly and accomadating. When making the reservation we asked about a cot and when we arrived it was already in our room! It, the cot was new and quite commfortable. The breakfast the next morning was good, again with friendly staff who were making sure that everything was well stocked.
The staff definitely understand service.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruszer
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We stayed here on a trip with our young son and my parents. We rented the two bedroom suite and were quite satisified. The hotel could do with some cosmetic touch-ups but there was nothing too offensive. Nice little sitting area for playing cards, plenty of room to keep our drinks cool and a couple of chairs outside if you don't mind the bugs.

The free breakfast was really good, particularly the fresh waffles you can make yourself. Friendly enough staff, not overly friendly but certainly not rude.

In town we all did the boat tour then my parents went to the casino and we explored elsewhere. We found a beautiful park with an old train which pleased our boy and plenty of metal sculptures to mull over. We also found a playground at a nearby school and again, our son had a great time there. We also took a nice drive down the 1000 Islands Scenic Parkway. We ate at a Chippy with passable food and also the McDonalds adjacent to the hotel.

Overall a nice quiet little family getaway.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank villagevagabond
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Stayed over night here. They allowed my dog and had a non-smoking room. We were put in a room next to the pool and was quiet. The service was friendly and helpful and sign-in was a breeze. The room was clean and had all the little touches. The wifi signal was strong and had no problem there. Convenient to the highway and close to gas stations, I would recommend this hotel to all travellers. The complimentary breakfast was simple but plentiful. Worth the price.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank janusscot
Reviewed 28 May 2009

The location of this hotel is ideal..right off of 401. Check in was easy, the desk clerk was nice. We arrived about 5PM on a Thursday evening, and must have arrived just in time for the end of the work day for construction workers. We pulled in front of our room (outside entrances only) on the ground floor and on the balcony of the second floor were a group of construction workers standing outside having a beer. Not a problem with me, as long as they were not a rowdy crowd (which they weren't). I opened the door to the room and was overwhelmed by the musty aroma. I was glad I brought a can of Oust & a Yankee Candle votive (scented Fresh Room)! I opened the window and proceeded to spray the Oust everywhere - bathroom, carpet & beds. I did this a few times. The smell in the room became somewhat easier to deal with after a few treatments. I kept the window open all night because I could still smell the odors ... my guess would be it was carpet cleaner they recently used. Don't know, but it kind of turned me off. The room itself was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was recently renovated & clean.
I would have liked to give more than 3 stars to rate this property, but with the chemical/musty smell in the room I could only tolerate a one night stay.
I am figuring since it is the start of tourist season in the 1000 Islands, that the rooms will not be as bad (scent wise) as the season goes on.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GypsysMom
Reviewed 15 February 2009

we stayed on valentines day 2009 and the staff were great I booked our room in AUG 2008 with valentines day being on a Saturday this year I wanted to make sure that we got a room when I booked it was $269 on Expedia but I had seen a cheaper rate on the motels site when I phoned the motel the staff gave me the lower rate right away we stayed in a suite which was nice and they are 1 of the few motels that still allow smoking in their suites if your looking for the ritz the suites at this motel are'nt for you but it was a nice room for someone looking for a little romance on a budget the fire place was situated at the foot of the juccuzzi tub which was nice and I was a bit shocked to find that they even supply wine glasses to use again nothing fancy but a nice touch incase you don't pack any the room was very clean the part of the motel that we stayed in was older and the floors are wood instead of concrete so you may want to request an upstairs room we could hear the people walking around they were quiet and lite walkers but you may not be so lucky we did'nt take advantage of the continental breakfast the motel hipes it up but other than the waffles it's really just typical continental breakfast fare so if your like me and not big on waffles save your time and go down the street to the Bravo resturant from past experience I would'nt suggest it for anything other than breakfast but they do serve a great breakfast for a great price

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple