“Barely acceptable.”

Travelodge Gananoque
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke, the furniture was dated and shabby, and was small considering it was a "Queen Suite". The hydro to the room also failed and could not be fixed that night, leaving only the air conditioner (Thank God!) and washroom light working. They had no place to move us, seeing as the motel was full. They supplied us with 2 extension cords. Initially, at check in, the clerk tried to charge us $30 above the price quoted through Booking.com. This was reduced after conferring with the manager. The jacuzzi in the room worked. The outdoor pool was clean, somewhat heated, but small and could only accommodate 15 people safely on deck and in pool. At check out, they offered to reduce the room by $30. We protested, and it was reduced, last offer, another $30. Caveat emptor.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband and I are seasonal regulars at the Comfort Inn in Gananoque. We love this hotel because it is very close to the casino and only a 5 minute drive to the water. The staff are always welcoming and the rooms are always clean. The rooms with the deck overlooking the pool are our favorite.
Thanks again for a great stay, see you next year!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Gananoque over a recent weekend and had a great stay! The hotel is priced for families and the rooms are comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.. I love the easy access to the 401 and the 1000 Islands Parkway! Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alwaysontheroad2007
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I visit Gananoque a few times every summer to visit friends and I always stay at the Comfort Inn. The rates are fair, the rooms are clean and the staff are fantastic. Although I visit frequently I still need help with directions and ideas for new things to do, they have always offered ample help and are very friendly! My most recent trip was no different :) See you all next summer!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank uognb
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This hotel is one of the best my family and i have stayed in; in along time. It gave us the relaxing environment we were looking for. It felt like a home away from home. We had a room with 2 large beds, over looking the pool. It was very clean and well kept. There was lots of walking room, a large desk for my laptop. fridge and microwave were very handy for the food we purchased at the local stores. Wow, everything we wanted was all within walking distance. even the beach. Although I admit we spent most of our time lazing by the well kept private pool. We spent another day on the beautiful river, enjoying a 2.5 hr cruise then kayaking in the afternoon. We enjoyed an awesome dinner at the Lobster Trap Restaurant, that night
On our last day we decided to be adventurest and try something different so we went horse back trail riding then spent the afternoon in Kingston visiting Old Fort henry and shopping. This was our first time here and must say, I felt so relaxed, and 10 years younger when I returned home. Looking forward to next year . We are already making plans on what things we can do, and have already booked our room for next July, 2012.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank c c
Reviewed 22 August 2011

very shabby room, paid 200 + tax for a two room suite, room was really small the lamp shades were falling appart, dusty, the a/c did not cool the room out...very noisy...the jacuzzi tub had broken tiles and i ended up scratching up my leg on a very sharp edge...the shower had broken tiles..."deluxe contanental breakfast..please low end store bought pastries and second rate coffee... the only upside was the very freindly people at reception. for such a large chain very surprising that this was so shabby...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I suggest to everyone NOT to stay at Comfort Inn in Gananoque, ON, it is dirty, dirty and dirty.
The room by the pool is very small, and if you sit outside your room you have to look at dead bugs and cobwebs all around you.
My one year old daughter found a deodorant stick under a table and shoved it in her mouth!...how discusting is that???
I tried to compromise with them to give us a bigger room and also to do something with the rate!...we paid $200.00 for one night! I call it a cockroach hotel!
DO NOT TRY TO COMPROMISE THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family