“Beware of this hotel”

Travelodge Gananoque
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This hotel is very run down, outdated and in desperate need of updates.
Be very careful and watch your step when walking on the decking, you may fall through!
I had a "suite" which had a gigantic whirlpool tub - didn't use it. The shower was so small I could barely turn around in it!
The bed sheets were thread bare, carpets were stained and the windows/patio doors were so old I could barely see through them.
I was very, very disappointed in this Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a "good" room anywhere at this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ticoca

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The room was in bad need of an upgrade. There was mold around the rear patio door. The continental breakfast was a trip to the small office to pick up a coffee & muffin or toast on a tray & carry it back to the room. I don't usually comment on negative stays, but feel that the travelling public should be aware so they can go elseware.

Art & Dorothy J

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ART J
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I was a 'drop in' at the Comfort Inn in Gananoque. I asked when I checked in if there was Wifi access I was told yes. But the person seemed unsure. I had problems getting into the internet-so I went back to the office several times . Eventually I was told that I could use Holiday Inn's info and access thru that. That seemed to work for awhile. But before I had time to do what i had to do/wanted to do- i could not access the system yet again. Another trip to the office and was told that I could go to the Holiday Inn which was directly in front of my room. The front desk person said that the Holiday Inn had a nice seating area and so on and so forth. I told her that I was not interested in going to the Holiday Inn. I just wish that she had been honest when I first arrived and asked about Wifi. That would have been preferable to what happened. I had said initially that I needed Wifi in order to book my trip which was unbooked and that I was going to be in two locations after Gananoque.
Also, the toilet ran constantly and I had to jiggle the handle. Finally, the jiggling did not work and I had to take the back off. THe 'whatever' had become disconnected.
When I checked out today-I complained about the internet situation and the person on duty said that their website does not state that they have Wifi. But I said that I was a drop in and didn't know that. I wished that I had been more sceptical of the initial front desk person's story about internet.
I will be contacting Comfort Inn.
p.s. When I first got there -she assigned me to a more isolated room. I thought that there maybe construction workers living in that stretch due to hibachis etc. So I asked for another room. I got a larher room with a bed anf couch! lso, a nice touch was a deck on the back of the rooms-it was one long deck without any breaks-but was a good place to sit and enjoy the sun.

Room Tip: It's right off the 1000 Island parkway-but make sure that this is where you want to stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pnicol
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The room was spacious and clean but it really needs to be updated. Everything is worn out. The bed was comfortable and it would be a beautiful place if updated. There was a very small place for breakfast but we were sent to the Best Western located directly behind the Comfort Inn for breakfast. It was great with a buffet and hot food. I don't know how long they have been doing this but it was great. The air conditioner in our room sounded like a plane taking off. I asked the manager about it and she said they sounded like that in every room, there was nothing wrong with it and the one she had at home sounded the same way. All I can say is that she needs to get it replaced. There was an old car sitting in front of the place that had been there so long there were spider webs around the tires. I asked one of the cleaning ladies how long it had been there and she said for at least 15 yrs.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This Comfort Inn does not live up to its standards. The room definitely needs an update, the carpet and bedding are old. Stayed here only for the points. The breakfast area is quite pathetic, no room to sit with a very limited choice. It is a high price for what you get. The only good thing was you get free $ to try their casino which made us go out and try it since we are not casino people. Gananoque is a very picturesque little town but I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rocky1895
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We came up from home and stayed a night in Watertown on our way to the Thousand Islands. We wanted to go the casino there. We got a great room with a look out on the pool. We then stayed two extra nights. The pool was so nice and so relaxing. We could not have asked for a better stay. We even won a few bucks at the casino. I will go back to this inn the next time I am back in Canada

Room Tip: Go for the rooms by the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Likely a motel converted, some time ago, to a Comfort Inn. Our queen room was not too big, not too small, very clean. Hotel has a wooden deck with chairs along back of all ground floor rooms. Nice pool also with new lounge chairs. Breakfast similar to most other Comfort Inns except there are no waffles. Also, there is no eating area, so you must bring it back to your room. We ate on the deck just outside our room. Management should find another location for staff to smoke as we had to scurry through the short hallway they use between the two buildings a few times during our two-night stay.

Room Tip: Room 115 is the only room in the back and surely most quiet of them all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple