“expensive for only average standard accomodation”

Ramada Gananoque Provincial Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Adelaide, Australia
“expensive for only average standard accomodation”
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We arrived late and checked out the four accomodation choices on the main road, and picked the least expensive - No we don't want a jacuzzi and a log fire it's 35 degrees celsius! We should have looked further, but it was getting late. This motel was OK but the coffee from the coffee maker in our room tasted foul - not sure if it's the water or the coffee maker. The room was small but comfortable enough. Cooling wasn't great. My advice - drive into the town and check out other accomodation options there are lots and they have to be better value than this place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dorval, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed 2 nights but I cant say I slepted, I was worried about creepy crawlers. I found several ants and a worm on the bathroom floor, I advised the front desk and they said they would look at it, thats what they did look at it, nothing was done, I had gone out and when I came back several other ants. The front desk people are so so. I found the food for breakdast quite good, thats all I had to eat there, the few waitresse's I had where very nice, polite but very rushed. But I would not stay there again...I DONT LIKE CREEPY CRAWLERS...YOU WOULD NOT WANT BUGS ON PICTURES.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Stella M

Travellers are raving about these Gananoque hotels

Freelton
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The rooms were extremely clean, the staff extremely friendly. We had heard some negative things, so were uncertain at what to expect. We had no problems what so ever. There were 6 couples and not one of us complained about the rooms.
The restaurant was also well above our expectations. The service was excellent and the food very good. We even changed our plans to go out to an more expensive restaurant as we felt we got just as much there, especially since we went into the dining room.
The only negative aspect was that the pool was not heated and since only two of us went in anyway that was not a big deal.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank brtls1
Ottawa
Reviewed 9 July 2010

When we arrived, the people at the front desk were friendly enough. Our room was extremely basic, old looking. When we went to bed that night, we found earwigs in the sheets!!! The next morning we went for our free breakfast but couldn't eat it. The food was terrible. This is one place we were extremely glad to leave from.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fun2Travel22
Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This motel is right out of the 1950's. There's nothing wrong with that, except that the motel is represented as something different. It is NOT a 3 Star property. It's a 1.5-2 Star property. The weekend we stayed there, we were the ONLY guests there! Because if you see this motel from the road, you won't want to drive in. We booked sight unseen on an online reservation site. Right across the road and in the immediate area are many nice hotels at even lower prices.

The property is clean and well maintained, for its age. I have no complaints about the room. My problem with the motel is that it is old and not worthy of a 3 star rating, and not worth the money they charge. If they had charged $50 less for the room, I would have been happy.

"High Speed" Internet? The signal was very weak, and the service was nearly impossible to use because it was so slow.

The free breakfast was good, but so small that I had to go to another restaurant to get enough food in my stomach. (I am a 200# guy with a healthy appetite, so you may find it enough food.)

The location was excellent, the staff was friendly enough. My only complaint is that the motel is NOT what they purport to be. I don't have to stay in a fancy room. I just don't like feeling ripped off, being charged for something I didn't get. For less money I could have stayed in a nice new modern motel, with good breakfasts, fast internet, with an honest 3 Star rating. This motel is NOT that, and NOT worth the money they charge. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TakeaChanceOnMe
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Okay, hate being negative BUT... really not worth what we paid for this place ($80/night). First, interior is so old and dated - don't take your shoes off. While lying in bed, felt a tickle, ants were crawling on me (three of them). Huge/scary spider on ceiling of bathroom. Also, the walls are pretty thin so pray you have quiet neighbours. Between the crawling bugs, dungy interior, and noisy neigbours, didn't sleep a wink.

We also found the staff a little distant and not friendly. (Is Ramada not paying them enough?).

Overall, do yourself a favour, unless Ramada spends some money to seriously upgrade this place, find somewhere else to stay, OR they should change their name to Discount Harolds (or something similar) so you don't expect much to begin with.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Wisd0m
, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Gananoque Provincial Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Our property is located on 10 acres with lots of grass, trees and chairs away from the road so that our guest may relax outside. All of our rooms are located on ground level with exterior doors opening onto grass .Therefore, it is possible that an insect may be easily carried in on shoes and/or luggage. Fortunately this is a rare occurance.

Regarding our staff, we continuously get very positive feedback regarding our staff and take pride of that fact. I am sorry you did not feel that way.

All Ramada's are independantley owned and operated!

I am sorry that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations .
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We had a nice a getaway trip to 1000 islands and stayed there for 1 night.
Hotel staff was very welcoming, we requested a room with a brick wall as shown on website and we got with no problem. Warm complimentary breakfast was just amazing.
Thanks!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for Staying with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.