“Great spot in Gananoque”

Ramada Gananoque Provincial Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We travelled to Gananoque for one night to attend a memorial service. The hotel was extremely accomodating of our needs (5 people in one room) and even made sure that we were able to check in early (by almost 2 hours). The rooms are clean and comfortable, and it was great to have chairs out front where we could sit and enjoy our evening. Unfortunately we weren't able to attend breakfast in the morning, but the menu looked great. Overall, it was a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jr0ll
There are newer reviews for Ramada Gananoque Provincial Inn

Reviewed 13 September 2010

It was a pleasant stay. I got exactly what I reserved. I had two joining rooms.
Positive: Spacious rooms, mini-fridge, pool (we didn't use) and clean in and outside. The hotel lobby/restaurant's decor was magnificient. It had a lot of museum pieces and interesting collections. NIce gift shop!

Negative: 1)Shower was a nightmare, it was possessed by a demon that was set on making you suffer from extreme cold and heat and kept on switching between the two.
2) The breakfast that was included with the room was not that good. The choice was very limited and the eggs and potatoes were stale.
3) I don't know who the brilliant engineer was that designed the rooms, but I hate toilet rooms without sinks in the same room. The sink was outside the bathroom, so you could imagine the possiblilities with contamination. I think this is a Ramada thing.
Be prepared and bring wet wipes and the such.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We booked with an Online booking agent and found the hotel/motel fine. It's not the most modern motel but it is clean, the beds comfortable and the staff very friendly. We stayed one night and would of happily stayed more.

I note that some people mention bugs but the motel is in large grounds near trees so that may be why but we didn't see anything. Our room was spacious, very clean and the beds comfortable. The staff at check in were helpful, gave us advice and maps and we had a nice walk (bout 25mins) into the town centre for a look around and a meal. It is on the outskirts of Gananoque so you may want to drive. Also nice seating outside your room if the weathers good.

The breakfast was free for the two adults and freshly cooked. Very tasty and filling. Our son didn't want the options on the childrens menu so they made him something and gave gim a bit extra of what he wanted for the same price. Didn't use the pool but looked fine. Happily stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank GunnaEastYorkshire
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We booked through hotwire.com for $104/night + tax. When we arrived, we felt disappointed, because it looked like a very old motel. However, after we entered the room, we found it very clean and the bed and pillows are comfortable. The free breakfast is huge, it has at least three eggs in the scramble egg. I don't really like such heavy breakfast, but they don't have substitute.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geekmom62
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We arrived late and checked out the four accomodation choices on the main road, and picked the least expensive - No we don't want a jacuzzi and a log fire it's 35 degrees celsius! We should have looked further, but it was getting late. This motel was OK but the coffee from the coffee maker in our room tasted foul - not sure if it's the water or the coffee maker. The room was small but comfortable enough. Cooling wasn't great. My advice - drive into the town and check out other accomodation options there are lots and they have to be better value than this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed 2 nights but I cant say I slepted, I was worried about creepy crawlers. I found several ants and a worm on the bathroom floor, I advised the front desk and they said they would look at it, thats what they did look at it, nothing was done, I had gone out and when I came back several other ants. The front desk people are so so. I found the food for breakdast quite good, thats all I had to eat there, the few waitresse's I had where very nice, polite but very rushed. But I would not stay there again...I DONT LIKE CREEPY CRAWLERS...YOU WOULD NOT WANT BUGS ON PICTURES.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Stella M
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The rooms were extremely clean, the staff extremely friendly. We had heard some negative things, so were uncertain at what to expect. We had no problems what so ever. There were 6 couples and not one of us complained about the rooms.
The restaurant was also well above our expectations. The service was excellent and the food very good. We even changed our plans to go out to an more expensive restaurant as we felt we got just as much there, especially since we went into the dining room.
The only negative aspect was that the pool was not heated and since only two of us went in anyway that was not a big deal.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends