“Incredible experience! So much fun and surprisingly relaxing.”

1000 Islands Kayaking Day Trips
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Gananoque
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I'll admit I was a little nervous when my boyfriend's mother and sister suggested a 3 hour kayaking tour. I'd been kayaking before and usually got tired after about half an hour. Turns out I was doing it wrong.

When we arrived we were fitted for life jackets and assigned a kayak. After a quick lesson on kayaking basics, with granola bars in hand, we were ready to go!

Our group had around 10 people in total plus two fantastic guides. The group managed to stay together the whole time and even the beginners got the hang of things pretty quickly. The pace was easy and relaxing and the guides are always nearby if you need some help.

We made a few stops along the way to admire our surroundings and wildlife (we saw turtles and a deer!) while the guides told us interesting facts about the history of some of the islands.
There was also a nice break on an island about half way through the tour for snacks and swimming.

The staff are all amazing! Very friendly and knowledgable and fun to be with.

This is an amazing way to experience the beauty of the Thousand Islands. Three hours may sound intimidating, but it is very relaxing and surprisingly easy (even the two young children on our trip enjoyed themselves the entire time).

Overall this really was a wonderful afternoon. I highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed!

P.s. make sure you bring water bottles, a hat and plenty of sunscreen. You will also get dry-bags or boxes for things like cell phones and cameras etc.

There are newer reviews for 1000 Islands Kayaking Day Trips

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I chose a 3 hour kayaking tour of nearby islands for our anniversary fun. It was fantastic! The kayaks were superb with pads for one's thighs, taller and adjustable seats, and new, comfortable kayaking lifejackets. Our guide, Melissa, took ourselves and 6 friendly others through a quick, practical lesson in how to turn or pivot a kayak, then led us around several curious and interesting islands for a very pleasant afternoon. We stopped over a shipwreck for a granola bar and water, and saw many varied cottages and beautiful islands. For us, the highlight was stopping in the famous quiet cove which has been the spot of outdoor "church" services for over a hundred years, people coming in canoes. It is still used on Sundays, and also for weddings!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Have been wanting to do a tour with this compnay for the last few years. Ever since they came to do a demo day in Ottawa a few years back. Well, finally did today. We lucked out with fantastic weather :)
Can't say enough good things about them. Our guide Trevor, such great enthusiasim. You can tell he loves what he does. Which of course rubbed off on all of us. I lucked out and had a great group of 7 individuals, who wanted to spend as much time on the water as possible. Although, we did stop and have a great lunch on one of the Islands. Fresh fruit, fresh bread, cheeses, veggies. Couldn`t ask for better.
I got to try out a different kayak that I`m used to. Usually in a Tsunami. Now in love with the Zephyr. Thanks for that oppurtunity :)
We were supposed to end the day at 4pm. But, Trevor took us out a bit longer, 4:45. We were all having such a good time.
I can`t wait to get back. Maybe this time to rent a kayak for the day on my own. Now, that I know what to expect and where to go.
I stayed overnight the day before to do a day of biking along the Parkway.
I stayed at a new B&B there, The Terrace View. Fabulous place. You might want to talk to Cathy, the owner and add it to your list of accomendations.
Long review, but had to be said. Should be on everyone`s list of things to do in the area.
Thanks again guys for a memorable day :)

1  Thank Ottwatraveler
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We really enjoyed our day trip on July 19, 2013. Even though the winds were high and the water somewhat rough, our guide helped us navigate quite well. The lunch provided was very nice and tasty. It is a beautiful area to be on the water. Overall, it was a great day and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in trying out kayaking.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My 14 yr old daughter was introduced to kayaking thru this company and a school trip. She fell in love with it! So much that we signed her up for a week summer camp. I wasn't sure what to expect...I was a little apprehensive...but it has been nothing but perfect for her. Anna and Abigale have been amazing! They are professional, responsible and friendly - I have no worries about my daughter's safety and am very impressed with how much she has learned. I will not hesitate to sign my daughter up again! Thinking myself and my younger child need to get involved, too. Thanks so much for great experiences!