Took our two children to this hotel for the weekend. We had an "exterior" two double bed room, a bit tight for space, but were quite pleased with the room over all, especially since the price we paid was extremely attractive.
The breakfast buffet was tasty, with cold items like muffins, cereal, fruit salad, and hot item like toast, sausages, s.eggs, home fries, and big waffles. (waffles were already made, which does save time and avoid line ups, in comparison to hotels with waffle makers)
The service was excellent. I overheard the front desk staff arranging a custom breakfast for a guest who had misunderstood the breakfast buffet hours, while at the same time arranging a room swap for a guest who wished to upgrade to a jacuzzi room, even though the hotel was booked solid. They appeared to be ready to please!
We experienced the same excellent service, and it made our stay memorable.
Kids enjoyed the indoor basketball court (as did my wife and I) and we all got to experience squash with the Hotel's complimentary rackets and balls in their squash courts. Tons of fun!!
Bring your skates as there is public skating at the rink one block away from time to time.
The salt water pool is large and clean, the hot tub worked well and had a great view of the pool so we could keep an eye on the kids while relaxing
Remember to Use the huge downstairs change rooms next to the weight room, they are not co-ed or cramped like the small upstairs room.
The restaurant's new manager/chef is introducing a new sea-food based menu that sounds great. This new manager was very kind and helpful, and his attention to detail was clear as I noticed him running around helping the serving staff during breakfast. There is "pride of ownership" in the staff.
I would love to visit this hotel again in the summer as the patio looks like a blast, and the grounds must be beautiful, as would be the closely located marina and waterfront.
The Gananoque Casino is very close, and lots of fun for the adults.
The spa looks nice, but we didn't get a chance to try.
Note that the treadmills are separate from the weight room, just off the pool, located in the Cardio Room.
Remember, this is more like a bed and breakfast/nice clean motel feel, so don't expect the typical "clinical" feel that comes with a brand new chain hotel. (in that "clinical" sense that can be good.....and bad) No spiral stair case from the 800 square foot lobby to the second floor elevator.....It's easy to tell that it's family owned and operated, and that's refreshing to me, so the imperfect tile work on the bathroom floor is not an issue, in fact it's comforting, if you know what I mean....as it was likely done by the owners themselves, or a local worker.
A warm feeling for great value with lots to do in a small town. Go during the off season and help them out, and have much of the place to yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Gananoque hotel and enjoy a host of convenient amenities while traveling in Ontario, Canada. Country Squire Resort & Spa is conveniently located to Highway 401, Highway 2, and Thousand Islands Parkway with easy access to key area attractions and business locations. Visitors will be just a short drive from OLG 1000 Islands Casino, Thousand Islands Playhouse, Boldt Castle and scenic boat tours of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Squire Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Country Squire Hotel Gananoque
- Best Western Gananoque
- Gananoque Best Western
- Country Squire Resort & Spa Gananoque, Canada - Ontario