“Wonderful Stay”

Country Squire Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Although this Best Western is dated, the choice between an outdoor pool and an indoor pool is a bonus. The landscaping is beautiful offering a fountain, pond and lots of green space. The staff friendly. There is a restaurant on the premise offering delicious fare. A lovely spot!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Although the rooms were a decent size, the "resort" is quite tired and needs some serious updating. The delicious hot breakfast was non existent. The breakfast was not served in the restaurant, but was found through the back yard and up the steps of what looked like the back door of someone's room. We walked in to find a long line of people, waiting mostly for the people toasting their bread to hurray up (no separate area for toasters). The vat of pale yellow fake looking scrambled egges looking more like spray foam used for house renovations than something appealing to eat, so we took a pass. The warming pan of sausages was a sea of grease with a few floating pieces of sausage. My daughter tried one and had to spit it out. I managed to backtrack and grab a luke warm coffee and one of the 7 muffins and left The other 3 in my party did the same. Were there good hot breakfasts at one point? I had heard they were served in the restaurant? Not this time.

Room Tip: Either check out the hotel first, or google another hotel.
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel could have been so much better if it was looked after. It felt like the aim was to cut corners. The rooms were however clean and washrooms properly maintained and nothing more to talk about. The breakfast was hot and very sumptuous - very adequate with enough foods.
The location is convenient and with reasonable proximity to the boat tours and the casino. The attached restaurant was also passable nothing much to write about them either. The staff was very helpful.
however, I will advice residents to be careful about the Chinese restaurant across. Very sweet talks but all the foods that we took away were sandy, we could not simply eat. we took it to the restaurant- I forgot the name- and asked them to try the food. They were not at all apologetic about their misdeed and rude. Unfortunately, my wife had to face them as I was waiting outside in the car. I would not advise anybody to venture into this restaurant. This is just across the property,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DipuandApuinToronto
Reviewed 23 August 2013

To begin with,our family stay at Best Western Hotel was such a memorable experience! All the staff were very generous and helpful! The hotel room that my family stayed in was very home-like, comfortable, extremely clean and well maintained. My whole family loved the pool, it was very clean and the water temperature was just right! The room that we stayed in was located on the outerside of the building, which was very convenient bringing luggage into the room. This hotel offered lots of space for parking which was very helpful. The free use of the T.V and internet connection was also very convenient! We were also pleased with the bathroom as it was all tidy and there were enough towels for the whole family to use. The beds were also very comfy and we all slept very well. The room was very spacious great for a family of 4! Lastly, the complimentary breakfast was very delicious and fresh, they offered many different items and drinks! Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel for all families and anyone else looking for a comfortable and clean hotel to stay in. We were very pleased with the great service provided to us.

Room Tip: Rooms located on the outerside of the hotel are very spacious and convenient.
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'll start by saying this particular location put a stain on the reputation of this hotel chain. The screened in porch was hardly in tacked and a we were greeted by a giant moth on the wall that I had to chase out. The lock on the porch door and the back sliding door were both broken, in fact the sliding door lock was non-existent but we were assured by the maintenance staff that the security bar (which was held loosely by one screw) would hold the door. The wall receptacles were 5 feet up on the walls which left my cell phone dangling while charging and the desk was wobbly. Not to mention the lamp on the table wouldn't work as the knob would freely spin with ease. The weight room had some decent equipment but was hot and dank. The exterior walkways were narrow and uneven and the hallways hosted a variety of odd smells. The staff was quite friendly for the most part and the breakfast was decent. Overall, this is just a motel flying under a hotel resort banner. We will not be back.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, enough said.
1  Thank David H
GroupsalesGananoque, Manager at Country Squire Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience at the Best Western Country Squire Resort. At Best Western we strive to ensure that our guests are happy and satisfied with their stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Upon further researching your comments, we have informed our maintenance and housekeeping departments of the issues that you experienced within your room and they are being fixed immediately. Please advise the Front Desk staff anytime that your have concerns or issues within your room, as we would have been more than happy to have upgraded you. We are currently undergoing many renovations, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We would like to extend an invitation to you and your family to stay with us in the future and we will make sure that we exceed your expectations. I look forward to hearing from your and having you back as a future guest.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

The room that I was given was precisely what I was looking for,convenient location,helpful staff,good complimentary breakfast,some areas need some uplifting,on the whole good place to stay.the pool seemed to be nice and clean but did not get a chance to get in it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have stayed at many BW's and this hotel was not as good as many others my family has stayed in. The pool was warm but you had to bring your bathroom towels with you. I only noticed later a small note in the bathroom telling you to bring towels to the pool. The pool was very dark and not all the lights were on. The jacuzzi was nice. The room itself was ok but the beds could have been better. We had a porch but the outside light didn't work. The halls were old looking and had this sickinly sweet scent that was used to clean with. We had one tiny bottle of shampoo but the hotel front desk gave us more. There was only one person working the front desk and I had to wait for her to get off the phone to check in. But she was very nice and knowledgeable. The next day there was a different person at the front desk and she was nice too. The bathroom faucet didn't work properly either. The corners of the bathroom floor could use some cleaning as well. The breakfast server was great and the breakfast room was very clean. I had some food questions and she answered everything is a polite friendly and professional manor. Even the janitor gave me great directions and was pleasant. Location was great as well. Usually the breakfast area is open 24 hours for juice, coffee or water but this one was closed.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room close to the breakfast room overlooking the outdoor pool.