“Dont stay here/We did July 26/12”

Colonial Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Innisfil, Canada
“Dont stay here/We did July 26/12”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We arrived at 10pm one nite. standard room. musty, dirty and no fitted sheets on bed. sheets didnt fit the bed. beds creeky and mattresses hard. carpet was damp. room wasnt vacuumed as dog cookies on chairs. after paying 140.00 for the nite i would have rather slept in the truck. this hotel should be rated as a one star. Old furniture, needs updating. Hair dryer started smoking when turning it on.
I went to the desk next morning and spoke to the girl at the desk only to be advised i should have made them aware of all that was wrong the nite we arrived. Great attitude. She advised she could not assist me and i would need to speak to the on duty manager. I will be contacting the hotel this week

2 Thank Ginny I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have been returning to the Colonial Inn in Gananoque for the past several years. It's part of a very quaint and friendly town with a beautiful theatre, plenty of shopping, walking trails. The Inn itself is an older type of facility but very clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful for an early morning walk with an outdoor pool and indoor pool. The spa services are excellent and not near the prices charged in Toronto. The food is good quality and the staff are over the top with their friendliness and service. It is so close to Kingston (one of my favourite cities)with plenty of memorable sites to visit. Warm memories and many more to add in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Once a year I organize a group holiday.
For the past 2 years our choice has been the Colonial Resort. The staff is excellent. Upon arrival we were welcomed on board the bus, The rooms are lovely and clean. My group has many seniors and cleanliness is very important to them. The area is very nice - lots to do such as shuffleboard, bocce ball and other fun games. There is an indoor heated pool, whirlpool spa as well as an outdoor pool. Each evening there is entertainment. We really enjoyed that. During our stay we visited a casino, enjoyed a boat ride around the 1000 islands and Kingston Mills Locks. This was a wonderful holiday that I wish was longer.

Lillian Hinkley,Hamilton, Ontario.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Acampo, CA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We prefer non-corporate and this turned out to be a wonderful one night experience. It is an old facility but maintained, cabin like feel. The pool was well used, picnic tables abound, the facility feels spread out and invites you to sit outdoors. The beds were good. The cleaning staff forgot to remove a case of empty beer cans from our room, oh well. A bus load of retirees were here that weekend so there was live entertainment, free, in the evening. We thoroughly enjoyed the folk singing and heard that the jazz music the night before was great. The staff recommended a wonderful dinner place complete with directions to find a parking spot. Wish we could of spent another night.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed for one night en route from Syracuse NY to Aurora Ontario, to break the journey. 4 adults, 2 rooms and just booked it the day before. I'll start with the only problem we had - the wifi (or lack of it, as it did not work very well at all). Judging by the computer in the bar, running Windows 1955, it is in need of an upgrade ;-)

Everything else was great! It's a little old fashioned, but we like that. The cabins are well spaced out amid pretty landscaped gardens. Nice big rooms, clean and comfortable. They also have some accessible rooms (we didn't see these). It's popular with groups of seniors and offers spa facilities, indoor & outdoor pool, various health treatments & an Irish pub with evening entertainment. The various rules & regulations are there in the interests of their clients, who are mainly older.

Breakfast was the best I have ever had in a motel - and this was 15 minutes before closing. My daughter was not feeling well and the staff happily gave me a tray for her.

So long as you are not expecting 5 star accommodation & ultra modern facilities I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Ingleside, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I had just purchased a couples romantic getaway package and was thoroughly disapointed with every aspect of our weekend, from start to finish. They never put the chapangne in the room as offered in their package, when I asked for confirmation on the kayacking and ATV excursions that was also supposed to be offered with the package they called me back and said to book it myself. When I asked for the names of the restaurants they offered vouchers for with the getaway the desk manager was unable to tell me. Upon arrival I asked again to insure that our dinning would be somewhere nice and not just a bar and eatery. Still the only answer I got was two ou of the three places are nice. When we arrived at the first we were at first disapointed with the establishment. (bar and eatery). But the food was good. The second night, the restaurant was all German food. Niether one of us enjoy Borsh or Schnitezl so we left and ate elsewhere. When we explained to the front desk they refused repeaditly to refund the unused voucher until I refused to pay the bill due to their incompetance. When we went for our message the rooms ac was out and our masseurs were wiping the sweat off themselves so not to drip on us. Uncomfortable to say in the least. Not to mention the screwed up plumbing in the room and the less then hospitable dinning room staff. We will not return nor recommend their facility. Which is unfortunate because we very much enjoy Gananoque.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank raoul j

Travellers are raving about these Gananoque hotels

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2012

It was rudly brought to our attention that signs are posted at the indoor and outdoor pool areas stating
" No Beverages or Food allowed ". Not good for kids that drink and snack all day long.
My wife and I were at the outdoor pool of this resort. There was one other adult in the area, reading. My wife and I had a glass of wine in plastick cups while sitting reading on a wooden deck. I returned to our room for a moment and was returning to the pool. I was returning with two cold canned drinks. I was stopped outside the pool gate by staff and asked if I had beverages at the pool. After I stated I had, I was asked what I had in my bag I was caring. When he was informed of its contents ( 2 cans of beer) I was refused access to the vacant pool area unless I left the bag on the ground out side. He got in my face and pointed to a sign, asking "Have you not read those signs" he snarled at me. I found I was breaking a posted rule that, was totaly unexpected at a resort. I did not expexct these signs or this rude agressive behaviour.This proprty is listed as a Resort.
Nice clean Motel with good facilities. 1 rude staff member. If you wish to enjoy a beverage, do so in your room or at the bar facility. They should not have "Resort" in their name. They should have strict beverage policies clearly stated in their brocure and on their web site!
We will not be back.

Room Tip: Beware of overly restrictive pool policies and agressive enforcement staff! Rooms very retro.