Colonial Resort & Spa
US$75
US$73
US$81
US$77
The Gananoque Inn and Spa(Gananoque)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$166
All reviewsoutdoor poolnightly entertainmentbus tripserenity gardenmassage roomgames roombus loadset asidesteam roomtennis courtscontinental breakfastfrom franceyogurtcouples massagehot tubquiet roombit dated
Reviewed 15 August 2012

After a number of pleasant trips to the Colonial Resort and Spa in Gananoque my wife and I were leaders of a group of 39 seniors, which included three with walkers and one on oxygen, in July of this year. To say we were well treated by Michelle, Jean and the rest of the staff would be an understatement. They all did all that they could to make us comfortable and feel at home. In fact after all these years they feel like an extended family to us.

The food was well prepared with choices offered for each sitting.
The cruise to Wolfe Island was a first for us and was enjoyed by all. Also the hour cruise around Bolte Castle ws very popular.

Gananoque offered a lot of pleasant shops and great restaurants whenever we were in town.
The indoor and outdoor pools were put to good use by most of us.
There was a good variety of entertainment offered as well.

Our group ws so happy with the way that we were treated that we have booked out dates for next year. Already we have received requests from new people to be included in next years trip. That in it'self says a lot.
Comfortable rooms, good food, and great staff. What more could one ask for?

Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was my first time traveling with a large group of people. It was an organized trip. Michelle and Jean were both welcoming and very helpful. Since I work in the hospitality field I was pleased to find the cleanliness of not just my room but the whole place to be first rate. I would like to steal their cook as the meals were amazing. Not only would I return but I will definiately recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I arranged a trip for a group of 54 retirees and found that the entire staff at the Colonial Resort was very pleasant; courteous and extremely friendly and easy to talk to. We were welcomed on board by Michelle and were shown the arrival area, where we met Jean. Both these gals were very hospitable and friendly. We felt at home right away. The rooms were clean and quite comfortable and the pool area was great having the option of indoor or outdoor facilities. The entertainer Roger James was fantastic!!!! He was able to play everything anyone wanted and easily pleased the crowd. The food was very hot and tasty and served in a very timely fashion. Some of our folks enjoyed an early morning stroll and did shopping in the friendly town or took a boat cruise. The grounds were well kept. Our driver from Kunkel was very friendly. Our day into Ottawa went well and back in time for a lovely dinner. Thanks to Colonial Resort for a very enjoyable holiday and a financial gain for some of our retirees at the Casino. All in all a very good trip and we are already booked for 2013

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We arrived at 10pm one nite. standard room. musty, dirty and no fitted sheets on bed. sheets didnt fit the bed. beds creeky and mattresses hard. carpet was damp. room wasnt vacuumed as dog cookies on chairs. after paying 140.00 for the nite i would have rather slept in the truck. this hotel should be rated as a one star. Old furniture, needs updating. Hair dryer started smoking when turning it on.
I went to the desk next morning and spoke to the girl at the desk only to be advised i should have made them aware of all that was wrong the nite we arrived. Great attitude. She advised she could not assist me and i would need to speak to the on duty manager. I will be contacting the hotel this week

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ginny I
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have been returning to the Colonial Inn in Gananoque for the past several years. It's part of a very quaint and friendly town with a beautiful theatre, plenty of shopping, walking trails. The Inn itself is an older type of facility but very clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful for an early morning walk with an outdoor pool and indoor pool. The spa services are excellent and not near the prices charged in Toronto. The food is good quality and the staff are over the top with their friendliness and service. It is so close to Kingston (one of my favourite cities)with plenty of memorable sites to visit. Warm memories and many more to add in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends