“Quick Night Stay and a Pool”

Colonial Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Ok, For the money we all know that this is not the Ritz. We stopped on the way back from Kingston bacause it had a pool and the weather wwas hot. To our surpise it had a spa and an opening for my wife to get a massage.

The rooms were average. The hot water was a bit of an issue for showers. However, for the price it is wahat you would expect.

The pool was clean and enjoyable, the breakfast was a buffet and included with the room. They had a cute tranquility room and an indoor pool as well. My wife's massage was great!

Over all, it is to be recommended for the cost. We had just spent a fortune at the Waring House and this was the perfect last day of our trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar. We took the king size bed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Very old rooms. Bed is so hard, you cant sleep whole night on it, you need to stretch half way the night. Realy need to change the matrasses.
Friendly staff.
The mentioned WiFi in every room, its NOT true. No connection in your room, and poor WiFi quality in the main building.
Breakfast is fine.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came here to go on the 1000 Island Bost cruise and ended up at this old motel because all other Corporate Chain hotels here and in Kingston had been fully booked as a result of it being a long- weekend. I am sitting in the room as we write this and we do agree with all the others on the negativity of this place. It is very old, moldy, and sketcy. Cant believe we r in Canada with places like this that they call "resorts" which is by all means no where near near that. The thing that got us through the night was the fact that we r only here for the night. We payed 130.00 for this grungy motel. This place is ok for a quick sleep but we too contmplated on sleeping in the suv instrad. I hope we didnt catch any bed bugs. This place is not for people under the age of 50 or kids. Spend ur $$$ elsewhere. This is a 2.5 star in Toronto.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank PrincessPT25
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Hotel is just out Gananoque, on an highway. It's like a motel and the position is not very good.
Outside pool is little and very near the street, not very clean. The indoor pool... terrible.
Staff is kindly and available.
Rooms are not very clean, but big, and furnishing is old or not nice.
Breakfast is really poor and not very good.
Expensive for what they offer, very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeopleTravelling
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Every year for the past eight years, I have travelled with a group of lucky Toronto seniors who have had the good fortune of spending five or six days each summer at the Colonial Resort & Spa in Gananoque, Ontario. I can't say how highly I recommend this resort.

From the time you arrive and are greeted by your genial hosts, Jean and Michelle, at their welcoming punch orientation, you are treated with much consideration and respect by all of the staff members.

The accommodations are well-equipped, clean and comfortable. The grounds of the property are also well-maintained and attractive.

Breakfast and dinner are included each day. For dinner, you usually have about four selections to choose from -- in advance. The meals are well prepared and delicious!!

They have a beautiful outdoor swimming pool (my favourite), as well as a smaller swimming pool and whirlpool inside the spa area. Excellent day trips are also included to take you outside the resort each day. There are plenty of activities at the resort itself to keep you busy, if you decide not to go on the day trips. They also have entertainment each evening, starting at 8 p.m.

You would have to go a long way to beat the value received at the Colonial Resort. The group I travel with have already booked us a spot for next year. I have already signed myself up (as have many others in our group), and am eagerly looking forward to vacationing there again next year in 2013.

TRULY, FUN IN THE SUN!!

Pat O --- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Reviewed 15 August 2012

After a number of pleasant trips to the Colonial Resort and Spa in Gananoque my wife and I were leaders of a group of 39 seniors, which included three with walkers and one on oxygen, in July of this year. To say we were well treated by Michelle, Jean and the rest of the staff would be an understatement. They all did all that they could to make us comfortable and feel at home. In fact after all these years they feel like an extended family to us.

The food was well prepared with choices offered for each sitting.
The cruise to Wolfe Island was a first for us and was enjoyed by all. Also the hour cruise around Bolte Castle ws very popular.

Gananoque offered a lot of pleasant shops and great restaurants whenever we were in town.
The indoor and outdoor pools were put to good use by most of us.
There was a good variety of entertainment offered as well.

Our group ws so happy with the way that we were treated that we have booked out dates for next year. Already we have received requests from new people to be included in next years trip. That in it'self says a lot.
Comfortable rooms, good food, and great staff. What more could one ask for?

Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was my first time traveling with a large group of people. It was an organized trip. Michelle and Jean were both welcoming and very helpful. Since I work in the hospitality field I was pleased to find the cleanliness of not just my room but the whole place to be first rate. I would like to steal their cook as the meals were amazing. Not only would I return but I will definiately recommend it to my friends.