Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque
US$70
US$67
US$120
US$106
The Gananoque Inn and Spa(Gananoque)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$132
US$129
Gateway Motel(Gananoque)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshi expressking suitemicrowave ovenindoor poolmorning breakfastfront desk staffvery nice hotela great staywould definitely stay here againpancakeswi ficomfortable bedscomplimentary breakfastupon checksausagegreat roomup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night of Feb 28, 2012 arriving just before 10:00pm. I had booked a King room and it was spacious and nicely decorated, room 246. The bathroom was a nice size and quite clean except for a few hairs left behind. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean which is not always a given in hotels at this level. There was one upholstered chair and it was absolutely filthy! There is no way that the cleaning staff would not notice this so it makes you wonder how clean things are that you can't see.

That in itself would not have warranted a mediocre review of this property but being woken up at 5:40am by two large diesel trucks warming up outside our window does. After 20 minutes I called the front desk and was informed that the people who owned the trucks were leaving that morning after having been there for three weeks. I asked her to have the drivers move the trucks and she said she would. At 6:30am they were still there so my husband and I decided we might as well get up. I left a message on the manager's voice mail but have never been contacted. When we checked out the clerk took $19 off of our $108 + tax room and told us that she had been trying to put guests in rooms on the other side of the hotel because of the trucks.

The breakfast which is included had a good selection and it all seemed quite fresh but we would definitely think twice about staying in another Holiday Inn hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bgdann
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear bgdann,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced during stay. I would like to assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed one night here in December 2012. Hotel was great! The rooms were large and exceptionally clean. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful as well. The free morning breakfast was a huge bonus!
Congratulations on such a well kept, well maintained, and customer focussed property!
We will be back.

Room Tip: The suites are exceptionally large!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I was attending a conference in the area, and decided that this hotel was a much better choice than the resort that was hosting the conference.

We had a 2 queen room that was very large, clean and well appointed. The room had a fridge and coffee maker, so we could stock up on our pop and coffee.

The beds were comfortable as were the pillows. We did not spend much time at the hotel only in our room and to eat breakfast.

The breakfast was typical but plentiful. There was a selection of warm and cold foods, and lots of it. The staff working in the dining area were courteous and efficient.

Would I stay here again. Yes! Definitely. It was much better than the resort hosting the conference and the ammenities were new and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I've been undergoing chemo for the past 4 months. Since a vacation is out of the question, my husband took me to Gananoque for a little R&R. The hotel was wonderful! We had a suite with fireplace and jacuzzi.

The fireplace is a bit of a joke, it's just electric, but still added a bit of ambiance to the room. I spent A LOT of time in the jacuzzi.

The suite was laid out very well. I'm an early riser, my husband is not. The bathroom and coffee station were far from the main bedroom. Perfect layout! He never heard me. :)

The room was very clean, but being on chemo, I don't take chances and ran around the room with Lysol spray.

Breakfast was really good. We've stayed at a lot of "breakfast included" hotels, and this one is really clean and nice. Good selection of food, including eggs,pancakes and sausage, and awesome cinnamon buns. There was a staff member continuously cleaning and restocking. Wonderfully bright and clean room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CyberJay
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We read countless reviews on our road trip to Kitchener and decided to try this hotel. We were greeted warmly by the front desk clerk, our room was large, very clean bathroom, nice linens, and bed was comfortable. Microwave and fridge was an added bonus, as we like to bring food on road trips to accommodate gluten free requirements. The Breakfast Bar room was bright, nice decor and clean and very roomy. The complimetary breakfast, offered the typical choices for the average diner. I am not the average diner with my requirement for gluten free. Upon inquiry with the lovely hostess, Heather, I learned she keeps gluten free cereal in the cupboard and gluten free bread in the freezer! She quickly also produced her binder outlining the product list for items in the breakfast bar! Heather you are a gem to the gluten free traveller. I travel with my own toaster. They do not have a dedicated gluten free toaster today but I expect they probably will after my mention of it to Heather as she is the type of employee who you can tell truly cares about a traveller's experience. Thanks to all who work to keep this hotel to the standard it is!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple