We booked this hotel as an in-between for many of the places that we wanted to visit while in the 1000 Islands on the Canadian side. It had free breakfast, a pool, gym and Wi-fi, all of which were all important to us. An added bonus was the sauna in the pool area and the outdoor deck in the back. We found the breakfast to be well stocked each morning with a very friendly attendant, but we never saw the token pancake machine and cinnamon rolls that Holiday Inn Express advertises. Even the hotel lobby has a sign noting the pancakes?!? Having stayed at this chain many times, these are just items that you come to look forward too. The initial room that we were placed in would not cool down and sounded as though there were coins rattling around in the AC unit. On the second morning, we went to the front desk to discuss this and got the impression that we just did not know how to use an AC unit. We did not appreciate this at all! We were offered an upgrade and room move for the remainder of our stay. Both rooms were very nice and offered comfortable beds. The second room clearly had a working AC unit that kept temperature as set without making noises or turning on/off constantly. This is definitely a convenient location for many attractions! We would choose this property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few Hotels in Gananoque Can Match Our Features The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 1000 Islands - Gananoque, one of the newest Gananoque, Ontario hotels, is situated in the heart of the Thousand Islands. Our hotel's location is just off Hwy 2 and close to Hwy 401. Leisure guests enjoy the convenience of our St. Lawrence River hotel's location, which is close to historic Gananoque and the Gananoque Boat Line. Day trips to Boldt Castle, scenic cruises, sport fishing and Fort Henry are easily accessible from here. You can test your luck at the 1000 Islands OLG Casino, just 0.5 km away from us. Few hotels in Gananoque, Ontario offer corporate guests a better location than we do. We're halfway between Ottawa & Syracuse and Montreal & Toronto. There are three meeting rooms that can handle up to 200 guests, with catering, video conferencing and A/V equipment for the perfect business event. Naturally, there is high-speed Internet access to keep you connect during your stay in the Thousand Islands. Our hotel's upscale amenities will delight every guest. You can start your day with a visit to the free hot breakfast buffet and relax at the end of it in the indoor pool or sauna. The bright and airy Fitness Centre offers a large TV to make workouts fly by. Our rooms feature a microwave and fridge for added value. Our award-winning Gananoque hotel's location and amenities will make your 1000 Islands visit just about perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Holiday Inn Express Gananoque
- Holiday Inn Gananoque
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque Canada - Ontario