“Great value for money!”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Ontario
“Great value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

I'm a little surprised at a couple of reviews on this motel as I found our room to be extremely clean, and the motel owners were very eager to please. Our room contained a new refrigerator and a.c., the bed linen and towels were far cleaner than many other, more expensive motels/hotels I've stayed at, and the price was incredible.

Not sure what more one could want in this price range. I figure we saved ourselves around $50/night on the room - money that was better spent on sightseeing and eating out.

If you don't want anything overly fancy but do want a clean room at a great price and within a short drive of downtown Gananoque (ok, all accommodations in Gananoque meet the last criterion :) I'd have no hesitation recommending Gananoque Motel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

disgusting and unclean! Thought we were getting a good deal with the price but upon entering the room found out paid to much, any amount of money for these rooms is to much. Children wanted to sleap in the vehicle. Rooms are falling apart , furniture outdated and bedding dirty and full of burn holes. Only thing in the room that wasn't outdated was the fridge and the toilett paper. Wouldn't recommend to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank genuin

Travellers are raving about these Gananoque hotels

Windsor, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2008

I made a reservation after reading a review here, but chose not to stay there after seeing the place in person.

While the Gateway is clean, it is also an old, basic, 1950s style motel - something that is not mentioned or reflected in the very high rating the other reviewer gave it.

If I were a long-haul trucker looking for a place to spend the night, the Gateway would be perfect. But in the end I decided it wasn't the place to bring my family for a 1000 Islands vacation.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Mike_R_8
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2006

We stayed at the Gateway for eight days in July. Three groupings of my family had rooms and we all found it clean, comfortable and very affordable. It's a pretty basic no-frills motel, but the cost let us stay as long as we did so it gave us a terrific vacation. I ended up staying in two different rooms (I downshifted when a friend left) and the regular room was much more basic than the bigger two-bed suite. But it did the trick and I was comfortable. The Gateway is on one edge of town, on the way to Kingston, and I had initially been worried that it was too far out of the action. But we really liked that it was quiet and that it was easy to get around from the motel. We all had naps every day and my parents slept with the windows open it was so quiet. I swam in the pool every day and it was a great way to chat up other guests. The owners were friendly and welcoming. The fridge in every room is a truly helpful size. The rate was terrific. We loved Gananoque. We really enjoyed our stay at the Gateway.

3 Thank shewah