“Truly Great Service”

Ranked #2 of 12 Gananoque B&B and Inns
Kingston, Canada
“Truly Great Service”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

In August we got ourselves married at Boldt Castle we and held a "Toast to the Bride and the Groom" on the beautiful porch of the Sleepy Hollow. Don and Marion were extremely gracious and looked after everyone with calmness and professionalism (and also some much-welcome humour). Several of us stayed here on Friday and Saturday nights, and the rooms and the breakfasts were delightful. We had a weekend to remember. and the Sleepy Hollow played an important role. Thank you!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
gananoque, Owner at Sleepy Hollow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
We spend most of our time being Bed and Breakfast hosts but it is always exciting to participate or host a Wedding. Congratulations again.
Don

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2011

What a wonderful experience. This was my first visit, and everything was top notch. Food and service were amazing. Going to recommend this place to friends for sure.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dave m
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed one night-I wish it had been a week. Marion and Don love their home and are so very accomodating to share it with strangers. They are very hard workers-share in the all around duties. Don recommended three wonderful restaurants-one of which we would probably not have tried tried on our own. The food was wonderful and made to order at this establishment so if you go give yourself enough time. we were going to a play and had ten minutes to spare. Back to Sleepy Hollow-Ben asked for ketchup for his sausage and Marion found the cutest little pitcher to serve the condiment in. Lovely fresh breads and jams. All sorts of precious items to look at and enjoy. Don't miss the Eden Room-so light and garden-like with little animal pictures. We don't have black squirrels in Western NY so I was thrilled and a chatty brown squirrel. I understand through Marion that they also have a blonde squirrel who arrives about 8:30 am. I missed it but hope to see it another time. The only thing I could be hyper critical about was that the towels were a little rough(I bet it is because they are environmentally conscious and that is very ok with me) and a waste basket in the room as well as in the bathroom would be convenient. That helped to keep my waistline in check so why am I complaining? I'm not. You can walk to everything. Marion and Don are very friendly and have great advice. Exceptionally clean. Go visit Don and Marion. If you are disappointed, you probably wouldn't be happy anywhere or with anything. I myself, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy W
NY
Reviewed 1 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here in August. Room was excellent, breakfasts were superb and Don provided valuable advice on local dining.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Twinkieboy
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My wife and I just finished our stay there last Sunday. We were there for 4 days. Let me tell you it was incredible! The food was amazing with 6 choices for breakfast everyday. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Plus because of the location, you can walk anywhere in town! I would highly recommend this B and B to anyone. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We loved the top floor. It is a bit of a trek up the stairs upon arrival. However, once you make t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adpad
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The B&B is located walking distance from the Marina and Town Center. Sleepy Hollow is beyond the boring branded hotel and motel chains. You enter a world of really nice people doing what they do best, meeting and greeting guests. Making you part of their world, giving you sound advice about the local area. It doesn't matter whether you want to eat out, sightsee or just potter around, they know where to find just what you're looking for.

The breakfast reminded me of the Colonial era and the garden at the back has an amazing vibe. I would definitely recommend this B&B over the others I saw on Church / King street.

I stayed in the Provence Room (Third Floor) with my girlfriend on the weekend of September 3rd 2011.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Al-Awan
Ottawa
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My wife and I arranged to stay here 2 nights. When checking in, we were provided with an access code for the side door which worked without incident the 1st night. In the morning, we had a fairly good breakfast and departed for day of activities. Upon returning 930pm on the 2nd night, we were unable to get back into the building as the door code had been changed. The owners were out and no answer on the phone. We waited for 2.5h then gave up and had to get a room at a nearby hotel instead.

The owners were quite apologetic and refunded the cost of our entire stay - minimally acceptable.

Aside from the terrible experience above, the B & B was quaint but a bit tired.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family