“A nice restaurant”
Review of Anthony's

Anthony's
Ranked #21 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A piece of Gananoque history. Located directly in front of the Town Park and close to everything Gananoque has to offer. Everything offered is local and prepared fresh each day. Our patio offers an excellent view to the street action as well as shade if required. Parking is located directly across the street!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had lunch and I made the wrong choise. That was my own fault. My wife ghad something very good and the food they offer is very good. You can sit nice outside when the wheater is good. Which was the case when we were there. The service is very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Anthony's

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was with my husband and mother-in-law. We all had the cream of mushroom soup (homemade). It looked and tasted like thickened milk with two mushrooms. None of us had more than two bites...it was disgusting. Still charged for it. I had liver and it was barely passable. Pasta also ordered and was edible.
I would never go there again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

On a sunday on king street, this was one of two places serving breakfast before 9am. Decor is..well..very lacking. But does show a very regular and loyal crowd. Service was pleasant, basic breakfast was cheap an ok. Nothing too spectacular to write about. Hashbrowns..frozen..eggs cooked and most of the rye bread was toasted.
Its a decrepit strip of failed businesses, some trendy places opening around including nearly next door..may pay to freshen up the inside a little.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was our first visit to this restaurant. I will just state that the décor in this place needs help. I will get right into the food. Special of the day was pulled pork on a Panini. Well, there was no Panini, as it was just a regular sausage type bun. The pulled pork was not fresh and it was not pulled. It clearly was store bought and had texture of a rubber tire that had been shredded. Extremely bland. The cheese on top was melted, however, the bun was not toasted........it was clearly microwaved. I don't go to a restaurant to have microwaved food. It was gross.
Next, the 3 piece fish and chips. The portion size was good but the fish were just stacked on top of a mountain of fries.....presentation is terrible. The fish was actually more batter than fish as it was a small piece of half cooked fish inside a huge batter shell. The fries, which were smaller were cooked but the bigger ones were not fully cooked.
This was the worst meal we have had in as long as I can remember. Although our server was fast, and friendly the food was just brutal. I am annoyed I wasted my money here. Please, if you are reading this do not go here. This meal was absolutely terrible.

2  Thank Kyle H
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food is good, great caesar salads. Could use a menu change, trying some new ideas. Very friendly staff. Medium, reasonable prices but not a fancy restaurant.