“Good food courteous staff”
Review of Lobster Trap Restaurant - CLOSED

Lobster Trap Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Hannon
“Good food courteous staff”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We had a gift certificate to go to this restaurant otherwise we would likely to have gone since my husband does not eat seafood and I rarely eat it. We both had the steak. It was good. Not phenomenal just good. My husband's was a little undercooked but they quickly fixed that. The wait staff were very friendly. The drink I had, the river rat, was really good lol. On the whole it was a good restaurant. Would return if in the area.

• Visited October 2013

NJ
“No no mo”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Overpriced. Food overcooked. Not tasty. Waste of time and money. Not my place to have vacation' dinner. Disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Newmarket, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely Come Eat Here: Fantastic Service and Yummy Food”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A few girlfriends and I went to Gananoque for a relaxing weekend trip and decided to make a stop at this local restaurant after a long day at the beach. We got a bunch of apps to share. The calamari, spinach dip, potato chips, and fish and chips were delicious! Everything was fried to perfection, with none of that nasty excessive oil and just the right amount of batter. The staff were very attentive. Our server, Dimple, was fantastic. We're pretty indecisive and picky, so having a server who took the time to go through the menu with us and recommend yummy drinks really helped. The manager also took the time to come out and ask about our experience. Will definitely go back again and recommend others to as well!

1 Thank J D
Brockville, Canada
“Very dissappointed”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have not been into the Lobster Trap in just over a year, We have always really enjoyed it, until this weekend. I started with a cup of chowder, hard to enjoy when all you taste is the sand and grit from the muscles. The pita chips my husband had with his dip, were so over cooked there was no taste to them but old grease. We both ordered the Captions plate, they were out of garlic mashed potatoes, the lobster was so over cooked it was black on the edges. the shrimp and scallops were like chewing on rubber. Service left much to be desired all appetizer dishes where left on the table never cleared. We were left standing at the door while all 4 waitress's said please wait someone will be right with you. When we were seated there was only 4 tables with customers, so wondered why the wait. The whole restaurant is in need of a really good cleaning, cob webs large enough you could hang stuff off them. With a bill of $115.00 dollars I really expected more! Will not return again, not hard to see there is new owners.

• Visited July 2013
Lobster T, Marketing at Lobster Trap Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for your review, I would like to apologize that the meal was not up to your standard. We are working to constantly improve our offerings and will use your comments to achieve that end. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Gananoque, Canada
“Avoid if you want a good meal”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Only 4 other tables were full in the restaurant, so not busy at all - being a Friday night. We got our drinks and ordered (Mate's Dinner for me, and the Seafood platter for hubby). Over 45 minutes later, it showed up!
Mine was stuffed sole with scallops and shrimp on the side. The stuffing was mush, and the seafood was the blandest I have ever had.
My hubby's meal was all breaded (which he knew), but it was so thick! It reminded him of the stuff you could buy at the No Frills across the street - by no means fresh!!!
I sent mine back and they added some flavour to it!
For $55 for 2 dinners and 2 non alcoholic drinks - don't do it!!! We will never go back!

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for your review, and I apologize that the meal was not up to your standard. We are constantly working to ensure customer satisfaction and will be using your review to work to ensuring this does not occur again. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.