“GO to the East Indian specialty night!”
Review of Lobster Trap Restaurant - CLOSED

Lobster Trap Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family knows good Indian food and the specialty night at The Lobster Trap blew our minds! We brought our 4 very young kids and though we were warned when I made reservations and when we were seated that only Indian would be served we put on out excited faces because we hoped anyone trying to pull this off in Gan had to be proud of their cooking! The complimentary pappadums were way too spicy for everyone but the complimentary chai was outstanding. The butter lobster was cooked perfectly. The prix fixe was a great value and an excellent selection or chicken curry, grilled shrimp and roasted potatoes. The kids loved the peri piri fish n chips, the pakoras and the plentiful naan. We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Lori K
There are newer reviews for Lobster Trap Restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are looking for seafood and or a great steak stop here and enjoy. New owners are doing a great job.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Where do I start? When we walked in the place was empty ( bad sign on a Friday @ 5 pm) they were working on the lobster tank and it was so murky you could barely see the lobster in the tank. After being seated, which seemed to be a bother for the hostess, we ordered drinks. Cokes for the wife and 2 boys(ages 13&16)..... I went for a beer(Stella). Nope....out of Stella. In fact out of most all beers. So I settled for a Coors light in a filthy glass with something hard caked on the outside of the glass. Next......crab legs....nope, out of them. Waitress said last night was busy. Can only have crab legs as a side.....not 2lbs of them.....?????? When asked what the market price was for the huge Fishermans fiest ....she returned w/ the price of 145.00 and news that the crab legs have just arrived !!! Lol......really ? Musty smelling,connected to a hotel w/ no view......looking for a nice meal ? We ended up going to The Gananoque Inn (100 times better) on the pub side.......

1  Thank travwmyfamily
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place is good. Lobsters, crab legs, shrimps etc etc and loads of them. Be hungry if you are going to go. Good staff, our waitress was first class and good to chat to. The only minor disappointment was that there didn't appear to be any local fresh fish on the menu. There was plenty of other choice so no complaints.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came a couple of week ago to the Trap...all I can say that it was an amazing dining experience. The owners and staff are warm and welcoming, the service was prompt and the server paid attention to detail (I.e when my drink needed a refill). That was just amazing for me!

Now, let's talk about the food! The fish and chips were amazing. It was seasoned well and it was all you can eat. My husband ate the surf and turf with lobster. He was licking his fingers and enjoyed every single bite!

This is a must in Gan! I recommend that everyone should give it a try!

I'll be back again when the weather warms up! :)

THANK YOU Lobster Trap!