“Taste of Europe”

Maple Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: European, Czech, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: ****Open for Season April 29, 2016 **** Our food philosophy is very simple. There is nothing better for you then a freshly cooked meal from scratch.Our menu is greatly influenced by our Czech origins and culture. We are also is inspired by local food and produce, as well as slow flavourful cooking and healthy eating. Business Hours (April 29th - Dec 24th) Monday - Closed. Tuesday - 4:00Pm - 9:30pm Wed to Sun - 11:00am - 9:30pm
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Just finished grabbing a schnitzel lunch as my boyfriend and I as we were driving through town. The food was delicious, it was quick to be served, and the staff was wonderful. The owner made sure to come over and say hello and made sure everything went well. Thank you! I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a filling, healthy meal that can transport you to a European atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is a great place with friendly staff and good food at reasonable prices. Many tourists visit this establishment throughout the summer months and there has been much positive feedback

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ordered take-out--pork paprikash with spaetzle and the borsch. Absolutely delicious dinner for the upper edge of reasonable pricing (otherwise would have been 5 stars). Staff were courteous and attentive in packing up the order with everything I needed for a meal on the go. If authentic European cuisine is what you're craving, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been a European Tour director for over 25 years and one of my favorite meals is schnitzel. Like good pasta once you get out of Europe restaurants that can pull off an authentic European schnitzel are few an far between. Look no further. The Maple Leaf Restaurant has become our favorite since moving to Gan and we now dine there once a week. Very friendly staff, nice atmosphere and great food at a very reasonable price. As much as the schnitzel great they also do spetzle the way it should be done. We ate there again last night and will be back next week.

1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've been enjoying snitzel for almost 50 years since I was an Air Force brat living in Germany.And now I have a new favorite-the Toscana which is topped with proscuitto and mozzarello! We were at the Maple Leaf Saturday of the holiday weekend. They always greet us like old friends and treat us like family. The food is fresh and delicious and plentiful. We try to visit Gananoque several times each year and this restaurant is a must for us.