“Authentic Czech food in Gananoque”

Maple Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: European, Czech, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ****Open for Season April 29, 2016 **** Our food philosophy is very simple. There is nothing better for you then a freshly cooked meal from scratch.Our menu is greatly influenced by our Czech origins and culture. We are also is inspired by local food and produce, as well as slow flavourful cooking and healthy eating. Business Hours (April 29th - Dec 24th) Monday - Closed. Tuesday - 4:00Pm - 9:30pm Wed to Sun - 11:00am - 9:30pm
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Travelling north from Kingston looking for a lunch stop; surprised to read in Lonely Planet Canada guidebook about this place. We were short of time but we were served quickly with great sauerbraten & dumplings + Czech beer. Friendly chef. Well worth the detour from the highway!!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

When visiting our relatives in the Gananoque area, they took us to Maple Leaf Restaurant for supper. My husband is Czech originally and I lived with him in the Czech Republic for almost 10 years. We were very pleasantly surprised to find authentic Czech dishes on the menu. They were very well done with lots of flavour. I especially enjoyed the dumplings with my svickova (the beef in cream sauce). I haven't had houskove knedliky since leaving the Republic. If you are in the area, drop in for a meal - it's well worth it!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great Czech beer, absolutely amazing pork goulash. Living in Canada for few years but being originally from Czechoslovakia, I am afraid to say that the goulash was even slightly better than from my grandma. Can't visit Gananoque and miss this place!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

They have Wiener schnitzel like in Austria. Everything is nice and tastes very good. The service is good and polite. If you are in gananoque I advise you to try that restaurant. It's good. The owner comes originally from Czechië.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Just finished grabbing a schnitzel lunch as my boyfriend and I as we were driving through town. The food was delicious, it was quick to be served, and the staff was wonderful. The owner made sure to come over and say hello and made sure everything went well. Thank you! I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a filling, healthy meal that can transport you to a European atmosphere.