“Stay Away, RUN FAR!”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: BEST PIZZA IN TOWN - Pizza "Second To None"Downtown Patio, heart of the CityDELIVERY in and out-of townGroups/Buses Welcome!!!
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Having MORON in their name is definitely appropriate. Everything seemed to happen in "tens". We were seated quickly, but it took at least ten minutes for a waitress to take our order. No kids menu was given, but she told us there was grilled cheese and fries, chicken fingers and fries and spaghetti for kids (weak kids menu, average). It took 10 minutes for my husbands French onion soup to come out. It was Ok. It was about another 10 minutes and my sons grilled cheese came out. In about another 10 minutes my in-laws pizza came out. This was ridiculous, people that came in after us had already been served their full meals and were almost done. In another 10 minutes my husbands meal came out. They called it Carbonara, wasn't great. At that point mine hasn't come out. All I had ordered was 2 appetizers, nothing fancy. I told her to cancel it, I was done waiting. My husband was done the carbonara, there was one slice if my in laws pizza left, about 10 minutes had passed.....and she came out with my zucchini and sweet potato fries that I had cancelled, um, NO! My entire family was already done eating. They were VERY incompetent, never refilled our drinks and super poor service. It was LOUD and it wasn't full in the dining area. Their excuse was that there was a party going in in the other room. I'm a paying customer and it was highly unprofessional for them to bring the food out so sporadically. Not sure how they call it a Greek restaurant, only 4 Greek entrees -pork souvlaki, chicken souvlaki,lamb and another chicken dish. You'll be happier and more satisfied if you go to McDonalds.

4  Thank L C
There are newer reviews for Moroni Restaurant & Tavern

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great Pizza and Greek menu good as well. Not bad for breakfast. Staff very polite and friendly. Needs a make over.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The full English breakfast was piping-hot, and the coffee was good. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. I wish that the place were busier for it is a very large dining room which seemed cavernous as we sat there. We certainly got value for money. Give them a try. I certainly will next time we are in town.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We visited Gananoque for the first time during the Canada long weekend. One thing we discovered is that this town shuts down early! 6pm on Sunday we called Grekos Pizza to find out that it was closed. Seriously a pizza placed closed at 6pm? Lame! So we asked the girl at the front desk of our hotel if there were any pizza places that were open that we could order from and right away she suggested Moroni's. There was no hesitation in her answer and we knew we had to order from there! We called up and they were open (like a pizza place should be at 6pm!!!) and we asked what they recommended. The guy suggested the Special which had something like - pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc...(i'm probably missing something) which he said was their best seller. Sold! It arrived very quickly and was still hot. First bite i think i moaned a little...sure I was super hungry, but this was good homemade style pizza.....yummy! Would definitely order from there again if we're ever passing through!

1  Thank Newfie-K
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Having seen the mixed reviews, we were hesitant to stop, but found a welcoming wait staff and food that was well-prepared and tasty. I had a greek salad, which was very good (but order the dressing on the side as there was too much applied in the kitchen). My wife had a greek-style chicken while my daughter-in-law had salmon. Both were excellent. When we asked about the style of the house wines, the waiter was quick to pour a small sample to test before ordering, All in all a very nice visit.