“Dinner at the Trinity Inn”
Review of Trinity House Inn

Trinity House Inn
Ranked #31 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trinity House Inn offers an inviting atmosphere based on comfortable elegance.Celebrated cuisine and a wine list that includes a comprehensive selection of Estate and VQA wines can be enjoyed by the fireplace or on the pergola sun terrace overlooking waterfall gardens.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were impressed with the cooking here.
We had the rack of lamb, the homemade ravioli
with peas and goat cheese, and the duck salad.
There was a very good flavourful soup to start with, and the
fruit crumble for dessert reminded me of the ones
I make. We enjoyed ourselves very much on the
indoor verandah. This is a find.

jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for your second review.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had dinner at the inn one evening in July and were very impressed.
One of us had the rack of lamb, another had the homemade ravioli with
goat cheese and peas, which was really tasty, and I had the duck salad.
Everything was beautifully cooked and presented nicely. The carrot soup
we began with was one of the most flavourful I've ever had. The fruit
crumble for dessert reminded me of the ones I make at home. This is a find.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed you dinner and our surroundings on 2 occassions.Thank you for taking the time to write a review.Regards

Reviewed 12 August 2013

First, the food here was very good. We tried the three-course special, and it was fine. The salad was a bit wilted from over-dressing, but the boeuf bourguignon was delicious and it was served with a tasty risotto. The dessert, tiramisu, satisfied the sweet tooth. Two complaints: the table cloth was dirty, and the gin martini was the stingiest I have ever seen! There was almost no one there, and the service was good and friendly. Was it worth $100? Not quite.

jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your review.I apologize for the table cloth.I only noticed it when serving dinner to you.Unfortunately it was not laundered after the breakfast service which is normally the case.
I made your "stingy" martini.Our martinis contain 2 oz.of alcohol as stated on our bar menu which is regulated by Ontario drinking laws.I realize our drinks may not have the"kick" like some south of the border but Ontario has a zero tolerance for drinking and driving which affects alcohol service.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Trinity House 2 years ago. We've talked about it ever since and decided to make the trip to Gananoque just to have another meal there. It was wonderful. I think one of the reasons the food is good is they don't exhaust themselves with a big menu. I am always wary when a restaurant has a 4 page menu. I much prefer a succinct menu, where all the food is prepared perfectly.

I had the steak, and my husband had the special of the day, a pan seared chicken breast with a salsa topping. The winner of the meal was the tomato bisque. Yum!

The berry crumble for dessert could have had a bit more "crumble" on the top (I think it sort of sunk into the berries) ...but if that's my biggest complaint, that's a great thing!

jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience again.Your patronage is most appreciated.Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Our overnight reservations at another establishment didn't pan out. Jacques was able to accommodate us, almost at the last minute. We decided to try the Inn's dining room and found the food and the atmosphere to be wonderful. There is a friendly ambience at The Trinity House, complete with Jacques 2 "nice doggies" Chloe and Roxie. The back garden is quiet and a beautiful place to enjoy a summer evening. We had a good night's sleep and an ample breakfast at the Inn before heading on our way.

1  Thank Francesca029
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.I am pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay,breakfast and dinner.
Regards