“Wow.”
Review of The Athlone Inn - CLOSED

The Athlone Inn
Price range: US$1 - US$152
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Wow.”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I can't believe we hadn't been to, or known about this place, in the 20 years or so that we've always spent near Gananoque for our summer vacations. We saw the reviews on here and decided to plan a visit. The food was wonderful and the service was very good. The bulk of the fresh ingredients were stated to be locally sourced. My wife had soup and the Salade Niçoise and an Inn Made Ice Cream. I had the Chicken Boudin Blanc and Tomato Salade Composé and Crème Brûlée du Jour. We were both extremely happy and went away with a smile on our faces!

1 Thank Kaneda2112

“Class Act!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the place to eat (and stay!) in Gananoque for formal dining and romantic ambiance. From the moment you walk into the beautiful pastel shaded grand dining room you know it is going to be good! As usual we pushed the staff for their best choices and were fully rewarded - fresh mushroom soup, scallops cooked to perfection, flawlessly prepared rack of lamb and the ultimate vegetarian dish for my wife that simply wowed even me! The pistachio based dessert had no less than 6 little items in it that you had to photograph just to remember everything! The gracious staff and the wine (Norman Hardie Cab Franc) rounded out the perfect evening. I would like to add that we toured some of the rooms at the Inn and will be staying here next time we come to cycle, especial the main inn rooms. They are beautifully appointed. The Inn's location is a brisk walk to downtown, the playhouse and the boats etc. I highly recommend this Inn.

• Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

It was one of the best meals we have had in a very long time!
3 of us had Filet Mignon - it was cooked perfectly. Each of us had asked for it to be cooked differently.
My husband had the daily special - Arctic Char!!!!

Service was fantastic!.

Cannot wait to go back!.

“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Enjoyed dinner here this past weekend. I can't say enough good things about this place. From start to finish the dinner and service was impeccable. One of the best dinning experiences I've had. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Gananoque.

1 Thank chihuahuamamaof2
Montreal, Canada
“Incredibly delicious”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was a great dining experience from beginning to end. The service was warm and friendly and the food great. We started with a local red wine, had the best homemade bread, flavourful soup and amazing trout. The chocolate truffle dessert was decadent. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would highly recommend this restaurant.