“Well located B&B for a stay in Percé”
Review of Gite A la Revasse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perce
Gite A la Revasse
Ranked #4 of 14 Perce B&B and Inns
Bern
“Well located B&B for a stay in Percé”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

This B&B is very well located in Percé, right in the centre, in a quiet street at walking distance from the busy central street, lined with cafés and shops. Our room at La Revasse was on the ground floor and nicely decorated but a bit small, with barely enough space for our 2 suitcases. The bathroom was small as well, with just enough room for a shower and a WC; the sink was located in the room (outside of the bathroom). The B&B provides free Wi-Fi. The owner is friendly and helpful. Everything was actually fine in this B&B, though the lack of room makes us give it the "average" note. But with its perfect location we recommend it for a stay in Percé.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sonderho

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ontario Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I have just returned from three incredible days in Perce, Quebec .
I stayed at A La Revasse B & B - a charming home filled with art and crafts of a maritme-theme - hosted by Brenda and William , only steps from the awesome Perce Rock, tour boats out to the Rock and Bonaventure Island, stores, restaurants, the tourist office, and hiking trails.
Brenda is a warm and energetic hostess with a natural talent for creating wholesome and filling breakfasts made with all local products - the pate, the yogourt, the fresh strawberry whipped cream - my mouth waters with just the memories!
William is the local taxi driver and tour guide extraordinaire. He and Brenda share their lovely home ( with 5 available rooms; I enjoyed the groundfloor suite Suriot with private entrance, view of Perce Rock, and an outside glider to relax on at the end of a busy day), their talents, their knowledge, and their love of Perce with travellers.
This B & B was very busy with some of the most pleasant and interesting fellow travellers that I have ever met, yet William and Brenda somehow could meet and address every question or need that we all had.
Have William take you up to the lookout from Mont-Sainte-Anne or to see the Grotto or to the beautiful little village of Anse-a-Beaufils for great beach-combing ( yes, I did find agate, jasper, and many other lovely stones), enjoy a day visiting La Vieille Usine that has amazing art gallery and work studio, a concert hall with top name entertainment, a music shop, local information counter, and a really really great little cafe-bistro - by the time I started my affogato ( ice cream bathed in expresso coffee and chocolate shavings), i was sure that i was in heaven. Thanks, Jacques, for the lift to the train station!
Everywhere in Gaspe, people were so friendly and kind - and although my French is just passable, communication was always good.
I will visit Perce again - there is so much more to see and more good people to meet - and of course, stay with Brenda and William.
Perce is one really special little corner of Canada. Enjoy!

Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank LouiseMay9
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I stayed three nights at Gîte La Rêvasse in June 2009 during my visit to the Gaspé Peninsula. I haven’t written reviews for ages, but absolutely loved this bed and breakfast and have few tips to pass on about visiting the region…

Firstly, Brenda and William are fantastic, charming hosts at Gîte La Rêvasse; from when I contacted them by Email planning my trip and inquiring about staying for three nights, to being met on arrival with plenty of advice on what to do on Percé and the surrounding area. My room was ready by early afternoon when I arrived, and it was fabulously clean and comfortable. While the location is perfect for exploring the town of Percé on foot easily, I’d certainly recommend a car for a visit to the Gaspé Peninsula to make the most of seeing the many pretty villages, coastal views and national park areas.

Even if you don’t have a car, you can definitely have a great time in Percé itself... Walk the main street (several times) and enjoy the restaurants and coastal resort atmosphere. I found it really useful being able to ask Brenda and William their advice on the best local places to eat as otherwise the restaurant choice could be a little hit and miss. You can easily walk to the oceanfront (in two minutes) and take a boat trip out to île Bonaventure - - the walking trails on the island are great, especially seeing the incredible colony of Gannets up close. The views of Percé Rock from the boat are great too. You can also walk to some great hiking trails, which lead up Mont Saint-Anne with amazing views down over the town, Percé Rock and island.

Back to the B&B, I have to mention Brenda’s delicious breakfasts. Each morning, I was treated to a different treat… including freshly made pancakes and French toast. The hosts were really considerate in speaking to me in English, even when their other guests were conversing fluently in French at breakfast, so it was nice not to feel left out!

I didn’t so much like that my room’s “private bathroom” was across the stairway rather than ensuite to my bedroom as I am so used to having adjoining bathrooms at hotels. However it’s not a huge issue and the bathroom was for the sole use of my room. The soap bars are tiny and there was no shampoo, so I did shop for more homey versions of these items in the nearby Co-Op grocery store (or remember to take some with you from home). While I didn’t stay in the room for any great length of time, the TV was inconveniently positioned in the far corner of the room, difficult to view from anywhere except standing directly in front of it looking up.

Overall though, Gîte La Rêvasse offered incredible value for money, a very warm welcome from charming hosts, and a clean, comfortable base for my visit to Percé. They have plenty of parking spaces for guests. And I’m certainly glad that I opted for this B&B rather than one of the town’s many basic motel options which I’m guessing would lack the character and welcome.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Cheebs
Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2008

This is a great place to stay in Perce - convenient, exceptionally friendly and great food. And an added bonus is William's tour of the area - highly recommended.

• Liked — Brenda and William, who are charming hosts
  • Disliked — Fierce kitten
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family