“A Class Act”
Review of The Capitain's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perce
The Capitain's B&B
Ranked #2 of 14 Perce B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We spent a 2 night stay at this wonderful B/B in mid July.
From the moment you enter the house, you feel the warmth of the owners Daria and Urs.
The rooms are impeccably clean with major attention to details, such as additional fine toiletries; comfort lighting over beds, and complimentary bottled waters.
The bed is extra comfy.
Urs has prepared an individual ipod for each room, complete with small films and reviews of the Perce region, along with local music and photos. Such a personal touch and attention to comfort.

We stayed in the commandant's room, which is quite large and a spacious private bath. It is one of the 2 rooms with a birds on/direct view of Perce rock.
There is a large backyard with comfortable chairs and hammock for spending those "mellow" moments staring at the marvel of the rock and Bonaventure island. Don't forget to stop and pick up some wine to bring with you back to the house for your afternoon relaxing moments.
And the breakfast, is nothing short of fabulous. A beautifully appointed entry table with home made jams and preserves; different cheeses, salamis, breads and yogurts, Each morning has a different assortment of a delicious hot entrée, with Daria serving as the chef.
Each table is beautifully set,with an accompanying side tray with lovely dinnerware.

Best of all, Daria and Urs are genuine, warm people with interesting conversation.
So helpful with tips on how to spend your time in the area.

It was easily rated the best of the 7 B/Bs that we stayed in during our one week travel around the Gaspe peninsula.

Would HIGHLY recommend this B/B. to all..................

Room Tip: Commandant's room with private bath is best in house !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The attention to detail is what makes your stay at Gite du Capitaine so amazing. Daria and her husband have obviously spent a lot of time and money on making this the place to stay in Percé.

Upon arrival I was greeted and shown around by Daria, she gave me a choice of tea or coffee and served this with some home made cake! A perfect start.

I stayed in the Commandants room which had a private bathroom, the decoration was beautiful, the towels and linens of a very very high quality, and the bathroom had shampoo, shower gel, cotton buds etc - everything you could need!

The view from the Gite was an uninterrupted one of the
Bay, Percé Rock and the Bonaventura Island. Daria made a few suggestions of what I might like to do in the area, and also some suggestions on where to eat based on my tastes and budget.

Breakfast on both mornings was amazing! The sideboard was set out with the usual cereal & toast, but there was also homemade treats- quiche, brownies, cakes, as well as ham, salami and cheeses. This is upstaged by the crepes or the chocolate filled donuts that Daria cooks up and serves with fresh fruits!

I would score this Gite 6 out of 5 if I could, there really is no other place to stay in Percé, you will be made to feel so very welcome in Daria's home. By the way she speaks perfect English, French and German so being understood was not a problem!

Thank you Daria for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This B&B just couldn't be better. We had bad weather in Perce and planned to spend 2 days in the area. We couldn't have made a better choice that the Gite du Capitaine. The facility is excellent with wonderful beds, plenty of room and excellent bath. Our breakfasts were different each of the 3 days and one better than the next. But the most important feature was our Swedish hosts who were amazing. Daria and Urs were experts on Perce and helped us make the very most of our 2 days of rain. They were well versed on the area's background and the unusual characteristics of the migrating birds who visit Perce Island. The maple tea, and the many home made mid day snacks were excellent touches. As you can tell, we loved this place!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I spent one night at Gite du Capitaine when I was in the Gaspé this past August, and would have been happy to stay longer but it's such a popular place I was lucky to get a room for one night! The Gite's popularity is entirely justified. Daria is a warm and welcoming host (her husband was away when I was there), my room was beautiful and comfortable with all the extra touches that make a guest feel cared for (e.g. warm robe, slippers, fresh fruit), and the view is spectacular, with large windows framing the famous Percé rock.

Daria goes out of her way to make sure her guests get the most out of their visit. Guests are given an iPad containing useful information about Percé, photos, and even movies; there is a binder of menus from different restaurants and Daria will make recommendations and reservations; and she finds out what your interests are and steers you toward places she thinks you'll be interested in. And while under her roof, she is the most hospitable of hosts, cooking up delicious and copious breakfasts and offering tea and sweets on the patio in the afternoon. I have celiac, so I always worry a bit about breakfast, but Daria made sure I had an ample selection of delicious gluten-free food, which I very much appreciated.

I very much hope I'll be able to go back to Percé again one day, and next time I'll plan well in advance so I can spend more time at the Gite du Capitaine!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were great in late afternoon with fresh coffee and pastry. During a discussion, we provide suggestions for an evening meal. We stayed in the cottage that was clean and comfortable. The wifi in the cottage was quite slow, but I expect that was corrected the next day with the relocation of the wireless equipment.
Breakfast was a freshly made crepe and strawberries on the side. There was a very good selection of fruit, cheese, meats and smoked salmon. Cereals, bagels, teas and coffee were also provided. The room was bright, convenient and had a view of the Perce Rock.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greg c
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights this past August. It was by far
one of the best experiences we have ever had staying a B&B. Upon arrival Daria greeted us
warmly offering coffee, tea and a light snack and with lots of information on the area. The rooms are very comfortable with added touches to make your stay pleasant - like bottle water and fruit.
This is a place that totally caters to guests so staying 3 nights was not too long of a stay in a B&B.

Daria was on her own but managed to take care of everything with amazing ease and thoughtfulness. The meals are served at small tables with a view of the spectacular Perce Rock. The delicious breakfast was a combo of buffet accompanied by a special individual warm dish (different every day). Once she found out I had a gluten intolerance issue, she made and purchased some gluten-free products for me. We also enjoyed a wonderful evening meal
cooked and served by Daria - multi-talented lady! Everything Daria does comes with a special touch which made our stay very pleasant.
We look forward to staying here again next time we visit Perce.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was the highlight of our road trip to the Gaspe. Daria met us with maple tea and Swiss cakes, and we chatted on the back patio with the best view of Perce Rock possible. After a peaceful and comfortable night [with complimentary use of an iPad], in the morning we enjoyed home-made Aepfelkuecheli, a waffle-like apple pastry, smoked salmon, ham, and a selection of cheeses, washed down with a good European coffee.

Totally recommened -- we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple