We stayed there one night during our trip in Gaspésie, and wish we could have stayed longer.
1) Percé is a very little town, invaded by hotels/motels & hostels. L'Auberge de la Maison Rouge stands out because: authentic Gaspésie red houses and barns have been turned into this auberge (it's not been built to be a hostel). There's something very pleasant being in a real Gaspésie house!
2) Daniel and Nathalie have been more than perfect as hosts (taking care, but not too much). They're nice people & I feel like they enjoy running the place.
3) The location is AMAZING. You're simply on top of the cliff NEXT the the Rocher de Percé.
4) The bedrooms/dorms are very clean and also comfy. You've got storage in the rooms that you can lock (bring your lock). Generally speaking everything is very clean and modern (showers, kitchen, living room...)
5) You also have a huge garden of cut grass where you can just lay down and look at the stars by night (there is no light in Percé at night = awesome shinny sky). You can also sit on "rocking benches" which are in the patio.
6) Bring your sleeping bag and pillow :)
I'll stay there again next time.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking