All reviewswafflestoastroom was cleana simple continental breakfastinstant oatmealcable tvstay there againsmall roombasic amenitiesfridge and microwavenothing fancyminute drivecoffee tealots of parkingfree wifimotelrama
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending some business purpose. The location of the hotel is extremely convenient.My check-in was perfect... Actually arrived at 2PM and fully expected my room not to be ready, but there was one available and I was able to check in immediately. The manager was super friendly and helpful, They helped me find a currency exchange in a nearby bank, because they told me I would get a better rate at a bank rather than there in the nearby exchange place How honest is that?? I even ran into some cleaning staff in the  and they were super friendly as well! My room was right near the stairs and yet I never heard one peep. The doors must be totally sound proof or something, since I would never know I was near the stairs  unless I opened my door.

There was a free breakfast every morning, which included things like waffles, cereal, milk, coffee & tea, jellys, jams, etc... I couldn't believe it was all complimentary!! You could even take whatever you wanted up to your room. So awesome to know you have a free breakfast waiting when you wake upThe rooms also have free wi-fi.  I found this amenity very useful since I'm from the states and was communicating with friends & family mostly via online rather than rack up roaming charges on my cell phone.  My room was also always spotless and clean. I really cannot say enough about this place, I HIGHLY recommend staying here and have never written a hotel review before this, but I had to for this one due to my great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheen989
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The manager was very polite and helpful. Even call a taxi for us. He gave us good advice for the food. Rooms were very well decorated and beautifully done. The linens and the room were very fresh. washroom was very clean. The rooms were quite and the Internet was fast. My kids enjoyed the T.V very much. My overall experience was very great and worth money paying. I will recommend Knights Inn Orillia to all my friends.

Room Tip: Try to book for east side of the building the parking is closer and entrance from the back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Man283
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This hotel is on par with the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We booked online and upon arrival, discovered we had a 'smoking' room but that we could upgrade for extra. Really ? A smoking room was never an option in the booking process and my booking confirmation mentions nothing about a smoking room. BTW, neither of us are smokers. If I wanted to pay more I would have stayed elsewhere. The hotel appears to be operated by a large extended family which occupies the front rooms of the hotel. Our 'smoking' room smelled liked there was an all night poker game the previous evening, the room's walls were very thin and it sounded like there was a 'movie' being shot overnight in both neighbouring rooms. The exit from the second floor is down a steep, rickety, external, metal staircase, a challenge when carrying luggage, no elevator. Breakfast was a loaf of Wonder bread and some frozen waffles as well as frosted flakes (seriously). No fruit or yogurt of any kind. The writing on the TV and the remote was Chinese and appeared to have fallen off the back of a truck. The furniture was incredibly old and worn and I refused to take my shoes off. I was not 100% confident the linens had been changed. The white tub surround looked new but there were some obvious handprints in dirt from the last occupant. We were looking for a cheap hotel because we were only going to be there for eight hours. I would not choose this one again for any reason. It is in the middle of an industrial park. There is one vending machine and it was outside. It might be fine for some College kids on a road trip but I think even they would feel the place a bit sketchy.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the first floor so that you can park your car outside of it and keep and eye on it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skislave
knightsinnorillia, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Orillia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you have some issues. You get the smoking room because you book it with hotwire & they do not guaranty the room type so we reserve what they send us.In your case we can not change the room because we are all booked solid on that night.otherwise we all ways change the room type at no cost to the guest as per they requirement.
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the condition of the guest rooms that you visited over the course of the weekend. As you know, we have many ground floor non smoking rooms & i know smoking room is not appropriate for the non smoker.
If you would care to discuss your concerns further with me personally I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
vimal patel
knights inn,orillia

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Room was clean and quiet. Although not very large, we have definitely stayed in smaller. The bathroom was updated and clean, except there was very little hot water for morning showers.
Short drive to the casino. Great price for a last minute booking compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
knightsinnorillia, Manager at Knights Inn Orillia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Knights inn,Orillia. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the next time you visit Orillia you will be back to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you then.
thanks again,
vimal patel
knights inn,orillia

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Thanks for a quick nights.stay at a nice.small hotel. If u have kids.it.might not.work.for.u cause no pool no amenities but.if.u.are.like.us and.no kids in tow well its.just fine . Clean room, new wall mounted.tv, hot water, great.tub.for.soaking after a.long day.on.Trent severn waters and who would.complain about $62 a night compared.to $100 or.more. We will look.for.a.knights inn at the.next.town.we.come.to . Nice manager that was very polite and helpful. If manager is.r reading this, tx for.hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2012